The Story Of A Young Trans Man: ‘She Was A Breath Of Fresh Air In My Sullen Days’

By Anonymous for Transmen Collective:

Love came as a magical surprise. It knocked at our doors when we were most unprepared for it. Yet destiny played its own role in it.

In my entire life, I had not believed in any stereotypes. Little did I know that I would be breaking even more stereotypes apart from the ones I had already broken.

My partner was the teacher of the school where I was reading my 11th and 12th. Since I did not get to attend any of her classes, we had little or no interactions in general.

We started speaking very casually, and in no time we got to excavate and learn about each other’s life. She was a breath of fresh air to my sullen days. A deep respect and liking developed for each other’s persona.

Image courtesy of the author.

Though I was not thinking about the professional and social barriers, she (being a wonderful teacher) was concerned about the professional prejudices which exist. Our love seemed to be powerful and boisterous, enough to even overcome those hurdles and confess our feelings for each other. She was the first person who accepted me beyond all gender binaries and stereotypes and I felt wonderful about it. I still remember the sweet and awkward moments of meeting outside for the first time, holding hands, and stealing glances. Her eyes were so beautiful that I felt it was the best abode for love.

As time passed, we explored each other even more. We shared the same dreams, the colour of the curtain we wanted in our rooms matched the colour of our love, and in no time we developed the desire of staying together—at least someday.

The meaning of love changes with time. After the initial phase, we both had realized that love is understanding. There were surges and downs, but, magnificently, we managed to not leave hold of each order’s hands.

We have been together for just over two years. Life is wonderful with her. We both have helped each other to be better people. And we don’t turn away when things are not right and beautiful. We both have grown together and we would love to grow together for the rest of our lives. We are looking forward to sharing our home and be each other’s homes soon.

Let love shower and create magic in everyone’s life.

Republished with permission from Transmen Collective, as part of their #EkIshqAisaBhi campaign. Show them some love on Instagram at @transmencollective!

Featured Image courtesy of Transmen Collective/Instagram.