‘We Were School Friends’: Falling In Love As A Trans Teen

By Anonymous for Transmen Collective:

Image courtesy of the author.

Today I’m taking you on a beautiful and romantic journey.

We were school friends and I was the one who used to avoid her most of the time. After dealing with all my ignorance, we indeed became very good friends after a few years. We used to go to classes together, have lunch, and so much more. We were 13 when, for the first time, she told me I should not go out on a ride with any other girl but her. She used to feel super jealous if I ever talked to anyone else in school.

There were so many times when I could not believe I have this woman in my life. Once when I was choking on my food, she rushed over with water. And everyone around the house gave us the “are you guys going to make out here?” kind of a look.

Many times, she went for shopping and bought more things for me than herself. Everyone notices the care that she showers on me. Most of the time I fall for her care. I can see that care clearly visible in her eyes. She is a person who believes in love, true love—and me? I just don’t know. I am 17 and it might be tough for me to go ahead and there is nothing else I can do but change college hoping it will also possibly bring changes to my and her life respectively as well.

I hope someday I find the right time, right moment, and right amount of strength to love her the way she deserves, i.e., everything.

The love that she feels for me doesn’t have to be said ever, because whatever she does, whatever efforts she puts into our relationship, is much more than what can ever be spoken.

Republished with permission from Transmen Collective, as part of their #EkIshqAisaBhi campaign. Show them some love on Instagram at @transmencollective!

Featured Image courtesy of Transmen Collective/Instagram.