Is Trump’s India Visit Political, Personal Or Purely Election-Based?

It is time for US President Donald John Trump’s visit to India. This year being election year, this important visit was researched more on his poll campaign aspect. Despite his open reaction on India by saying, “We were not treated very well by India,” the figure of seven million people will clap eyes on him at the airport and the scheduled event in Gujarat.

This mammoth crowd will leave a big impact on the American mind, as critics inform us. Though sociologists stress upon the crowd having no mentality, the Americans’ belief is wholly different. They study crowd psychology with great interest but in our country, crowds are considered to be an enormous danger. Whatever kinds of crowd there are, there goes on all-out efforts to deal with situations cautiously.

What has presumably changed from Eisenhower’s visit up to Trump’s visit is that it now ceases to be an affair of the head and the heart. It is more or less now election boosting strategy or supposed to be based on a genuine friendship with PM Narendra Modi.

He will be the sixth American President visiting our great country. Comprehending India as a buffer state against communist China, Dwight D. Eisenhower visited in the year 1959 after the Korean war (1950-53). Richard Nixon was received by Indira Gandhi. Jimmy Carter came during the time of Morarji Desai. Bill Clinton was received by President K Narayan. George W Bush arrived at Manmohan Singh’s tenure as PM. Next came Barack Obama in the year 2010.

How do we agree on what to maintain and what to eliminate during Trump’s trip? The best rescue for this is to specify how much value something between a quest and regret adds to our life. Caught up in this sort of digital minimalism, our leaders choose to promote well being on both an individual and a collective level.

They question why they do what they do and believe in making a meaningful difference. Modi’s cabinet committee on security was supposed to clear the purchase of 24 MH-60R Seahawk helicopters for the Indian navy, as is being assumed. This will certainly be a defence pact with immense significance.

Featured image for representative purpose only.
Featured image source: The White House/Wikimedia Commons.