Trump’s India Visit: A Bright Tie, The Taj Mahal And Langurs

There have been a number of the eye-opening, chin-stroking and excited hand-rubbing moments during the two-day Trump visit in cities like Ahmedabad, Agra and New Delhi. Every hour we came across was certainly a new estimation towards Indo-US relations.

Monday’s bright sun warmed up the massive crowd attending the event at the largest cricket stadium in Gujarat’s Motera. Though he was addressing the huge gathering at the cricket stadium, Trump’s unique rendering of the cricketers’ name evoked a surprising smile on Modi’s face. Mr President even tripped over other words like Ahmedabad as “Abha-bard,” tea seller as “cheewalla” and he himself chuckled at his efforts to pronounce the name of Swami Vivekananda as “Swami Vivekamunundum.”

What really enticed the anxious countrymen’s eyes was the yellow tie worn by the well-combed Donald Trump while moving into the spic and span precincts of the 17th-century grand mausoleum Taj Mahal at Agra.

Trump’s tie, the langurs care and the Taj Mahal’s face pack remain the hot points of the American President’s visit.

The gaudy coloured tie worn by Donald Trump during his Agra visit was shown extensively. This yellow tie was worth seeing as its dark mustard colour is in trend these days. Was it inspired by standards of the latest fashion?

As many as five large monkeys, known as langurs, were also deployed for Trump’s safe jaunt to the city of the Taj Mahal. Langurs are known to wield strength to control other monkeys. What was worth noting was the application of purely indigenous way to tackle the onslaught of mischievous monkeys.

The very use of langurs to deal with other monkeys was quite interesting – perhaps a modern-day strategy in safeguarding the foreign. Maybe it was because of the langurs that the President could spend enough time around the Taj Mahal.

A clay-pack treatment was given to the Taj after a gap of 300 long years. The facelift treatment involves coats of a thick layer of clay, followed by a wash with distilled water. The chandeliers above the graves were cleaned with tamarind water. The entire monument was cleaned in order to remove dirty spots on its walls and marble floors.

The Yamuna received as many as 17 million litres of water for giving it the full look of a river. This drill was done to add beauty in the withered location.