‘She Made Me Realise What I Was Missing—Love, And A Lot Of It’

By Anonymous for Transmen Collective:

I’m bi.

I was looking for a partner online.

It wasn’t magical or out of the blue, when we met. But when I met them for the first time, I felt I had a connection with them as a person. Beautiful. Complete. It made me realise what I was missing in life all this while—love, and a lot of it. Simple, believable, and sublime.

We started to get to know each other, and it just clicked. After a month of dating, they told me that they identify as a transwoman. I could not be happier to know she was finding her comfortable space between us.

In a world like this, its tough to fall for someone who will fall for you too. When that happens, it’s understood that you do everything in your capacity to keep it going. I was feeling loved and needed, and that hadn’t happened before. I was happy with myself. And when she came into my life? She made me realise that I can be happier. It was all red as love for us, and it still is.

My dreams, her smile, my affection, her care, all of it gelled, glued together, like it was meant to be.

Am I sounding cheesy? Maybe. Isn’t that what love demands from you?

I am extremely proud of her, as a person, as the main woman of my life, and as someone who would do anything to help me grow, and also walk along with me.

Republished with permission from Transmen Collective, as part of their #EkIshqAisaBhi campaign. Show them some love on Instagram at @transmencollective!

Featured Image courtesy of Transmen Collective/Instagram.