What If There Is No Discourse On CAA/NRC?

The CAA-NRC with their own baffling ground left little or no scope to go beyond this. The Supreme Court has given four weeks to the central government to respond to the court. Besides this, there have been attacks by goons on college campuses, firing by radicalised youths in Jamia and Shaheen Bagh. In addition to this, a false expectation of the Budget is on its way.

Well, I am not curious to speak once again on the issue of CAA and NRC. Instead, I want to talk about what if the CAA-NRC issue is not a deliberately arisen issue.

Maybe, we are focusing on the rising fiscal deficit and questioning the government’s decision to push the fiscal deficit target as per there desire/will. Maybe, the government and the pressure groups are focusing on the declining human development index rank, or the gender gap index!

Libya culprit execution is a cheers moment for us. After all, we are waiting for justice since 2012. Moreover, MSMEs are falling down, automobile sector is slowing down, there is crisis in the telecom sector and the non-banking financial sector, and back to back disinvestment decisions in the Indian Railways, the LIC, and so on are taking place. All these are going to be questioned by the people. We the people of India make the government liable for good health, quality education, employment, clean air, etc.

JMI students and locals protesting against the CAA-NRC issue.

Instead, all we’re left with is makaan, roti, and kapda (a house, food and clothes) get diluted, This is the first mass movement, be it against or in support of the CAA-NRC issue since Independence, where people are out on the roads and protesting. A majority of the society gets impacted by this decision. We are standing in that position where our brain in stuck in the same CAA-NRC issue. Many people, especially the people of Assam who have been enlisted in the 19 lakhs migrants, are in trauma, and 19 lakh Muslims are almost numbed.

India may go on to create history on a refugee crisis more serious than the Mozambique refugee crisis. It was even pointed by European Union Parliament, saying that “CAA -NRC will create statelessness.”

For the past few years, India’s focus has shifted to Research and Development, for which, Atal Innovation Lab has been created. In fact, after ending PISA’s boycott in 2009, India is again ready to join this initiative in 2021. But, for innovation and creativity to flourish, there is a need for liberty (democratic liberty), a sedition-free state, and a peaceful country. Why has no innovation or research taken place in Syria or Iraq? And why are most of the patents from the USA, UK etc? This shows that the tense situation of any country does not give that space in which innovation can flourish.

Although economic slowdown is a structural issue, how can the Indian market, which is the second biggest market in the world, survive the intolerant buying-selling market, conflict and hate, all of which will hurt the social fabric, and consequently, the economy of the country.

Therefore, if CAA-NRC is not an issue, then the economy, politics, international discourse, coronavirus, etc can be the priority of Indian people, and India might be able to witness a 9% GDP growth, brotherhood, secularism, and democracy.