Opinion: ‘Budget 2020 Is Not What The Consumers Foresaw’

Yogendra Yadav's statement on budget 2020
Yogendra Yadav has termed the budget a direct assault on the already dismal state of Indian farmers.

What has been proposed in the Union Budget 2020 can’t go without its complete analysis by the experts. It goes on to be a very significant effort indisputably. It also demonstrates the direction of the budget, which was brought last Saturday. So, in view of the expressed flaws in the budget, the points related to the farmers made by Yogendra Yadav can’t be rejected altogether. He has termed the decrease in allocations of the budget on different heads directly connected with the farmers as a straight assault on their miserable position.

When Dr Jitendra Singh, a Member of Parliament, tries to defend the budget during a TV discussion, he does not readily agree with the anchor’s concern at the confusion created through the income tax procedure. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has also hinted at this while providing his byte on the budget. Even the expert sitting in the channel studio calculated that there would be no benefit from the new income tax benefit announcement in the budget.

What seemed good to the consumers was the chance of a decrease in the sugar price. This certainly drew immediate attention. But will this actually be executed? There was also data about creating 2.6 lakh jobs by the year 2021. The budget also proposed a computer-based common eligibility test for recruitment of non-gazetted government posts.

The annual budget is a finely-prepared document of the government. The common man observes only the steps taken to curtail inflationary trends in the market. But each budget has two sides, and  there remains no dearth of criticisms. Those who read between the lines find flaws every time. Wise people cannot wholly contradict this aspect. It may be owing to this rationale that the philosophers, the scholars as well as the thinkers, never concur. They better culminate on the very fact that there is suffering in human society since the beginning of life on this planet.

However, some perceptive politicians enter with the thought that they are not too bitter while peeking at life. The emergence of Buddha was based on the very validity of sufferings. Just opposite to it, the politicians make use of the social disorder prevailing because of the sufferings for their proposed political purpose. So long as they are in the arm’s reach of the troubles, their importance proceeds with the multitude of the masses.