Opinion: The Many Ways In Which Sudhir Chaudhary Has Let Down Journalistic Ethics

This is a report on Sudhir Chaudhary and his achievements over the years. In my opinion, he is a very bold journalist who is often seen praising a particular party, which goes against the very soul of journalism.

Sudhir Chaudhary was named in an FIR in 2013, for allegedly revealing the identity of the victim in the Nirbhaya gang rape.

Here are some cases which have been filed against Sudhir Chaudhary. This will give you an idea about the person who delivers your news.

Uma Khurana, a mathematics teacher at Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya, Delhi sued Sudhir Chaudhary, who was the then CEO of Live India, for allegedly defaming her, putting her in mental agony, humiliation and harassment.

1. On August 30, a sting operation was aired on Live India, which suggested that Uma Khurana involved in sex racketing.

Immediately after the channel aired the video footage of the sting, 41-year-old Khurana was arrested on charges of immoral trafficking. She was badly abused and assaulted by a mob (actually, she was stripped naked and beaten up), and later was dismissed from government service.

The court later found these charges to be false and Sudhir Chaudhary made a mistake, but we can still see Sudhir boldly and confidently presenting news daily.

2. Sudhir Chaudhary was arrested in 2012 for allegedly demanding Rs. 100 crore from former Congress MP, Naveen Jindal. Do you know what happened after he was released?

In 2015, he was provided X-category security by the government (you can imagine which government). Not only this, Delhi Police and Paramilitary forces provide him round the clock security.

3. He was also an accused in a forgery case registered by the Delhi Police over allegations that he used forged Comptroller and Auditor General document for airing his story on Jindal. This case, however, was closed.

4. Sudhir Chaudhary was named in an FIR in 2013, for allegedly revealing the identity of the victim in the Nirbhaya gang rape by carrying an interview of her male friend, who was the lone witness in the crime.

He has, time and again, manipulated and used power and authority to his benefit, each time letting journalistic ethics down. These are only a few examples; one can surf the internet for all the controversies he has been involved in. It’s important that we choose wisely who we consume our news from.