Why Do Indian Muslims Always Have To Prove Their Patriotism?

I am an Indian Muslim. I am a person whose ancestors fought for India and stood against the partition and even showed their love by not agreeing to go to Pakistan. I love my country the same way any other Indian would. But during times like this, I would really like to ask scientists to invent a machine which can measure love. So, that I can prove my love for my nation to my government.

Muslim women protesting against CAA at Shaheen Bagh.

I was born and brought up in a secular India. I feel a heart-wrenching pain with the present condition. I am having sleepless nights, thinking about people in detention camps, and about people around me, who can be sent to detention camps, just because they don’t have proper documents.

Our constitutional values are in danger, and no person who has faith in our democracy can afford to be silent and uninvolved in the present scenario.
Article 14 of the Constitution lays down that the “State shall not deny to any person equality before the law or the equal protection of the laws within the territory of India”. It bears emphasis that Article 14 applies not only to citizens but to “all persons within the territory of India”. And yet, discrimination is going on openly. And still, we are asked to keep silent. Isn’t it now, high time, to stop keeping silent, just for the sake of maintaining a diplomatic face?

The students who are protesting are highly qualified and are being defamed uselessly.
They are understanding the depth of the situation and raising their voices against it. The protest wasn’t meant to get violent, but, it was all done by the law keepers, who used the law through their lathi, in the most disruptive way.

This will all be remembered in history as the ‘black days’; I believe it’s even worse than the situation under the British government, because, this time, it’s Indian V/S Indian.

Now I can imagine historical incidents in the light of the current situation. How they must have felt? How did they do it? We can now understand it even more easily. But the sad part is, that our forefathers fought so that we wouldn’t have to face these situations. But unfortunately, we are also standing in their shoes. We are also fighting for our rights, fighting for freedom, fighting for the Constitution. I hope, we also win, in the same way.