Position: Research Analyst for a project on Students’ Mobility
About the Role: Youth Ki Awaaz is looking for a passionate and qualified candidate who has a specialisation in migration, mobility and movement of Indians to other countries, with a specific focus on the EU. This particular role requires the candidate to design a quantitative questionnaire for an online baseline survey for the age group of 18-30 years, on perceptions and awareness around moving to the EU to pursue their higher studies. The researcher is also required to analyse the data and create a robust report of the findings.
The candidate will work closely with the YKA Programs team to strengthen the online survey, make it user-friendly and align with the overall project.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review the literature and research that exists on India students’ mobility and migration to the EU, and design a questionnaire that helps map perceptions around their challenges and pain points in applying, preparing for and moving to the EU for their higher studies, with focus on the gaps in knowledge around the application processes and procedures.
- Design key outcome indicators to monitor responses received on the survey from time to time.
- Statistically analyse the data collected from YKA’s online survey tool, and create a robust analytical report based on these findings to map current perspectives and help inform potential areas of intervention.
- Write a comprehensive report which is also easy to understand, and can be put out in the public domain for mass public and media consumption.
- Start Date: Immediate
End Date: March 15, 2020
Relevant Technical Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to analyse large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a sample size of upto 10,000
- A Graduate or Post Graduate degree in Economics or Statistics with at least 4-5 years of relevant work experience as a statistician.
- Experience in Advance Excel with experience of making Pivot Tables, Macros, Dashboard will be crucial.
- Prior knowledge and understanding of database management software such as Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS), MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS Access, and MS SQL will be beneficial.
- Advanced knowledge and working of MS office.
- Top-notch English writing and grammar skills to write a comprehensive report, with visualisations.
- Prior experience in working and managing large scale projects around issues related to students’ mobility and migration, will be beneficial and preferred
- Prior experience in working and engaging on issues relevant to young people will be an added advantage
- Comfortable in running the survey in English and Hindi
- Compensation: The selected candidate will be given a project consultancy fee of Rs 30,000/- for the month-long project.
How to apply: Interested applicants can email their CV and relevant links of past work to email@example.com.
About Youth Ki Awaaz
Youth Ki Awaaz (YKA) is India’s largest, crowdsourced media platform that engages young people on key social justice issues. The YKA community represents young India’s voice on critical issues shaping our world. YKA enables young people to address and engage on important social justice issues that matter to them – through writing and media creation via powerful storytelling, first-person narratives, opinions, experiences, and more.