Quick Byte: How Relevant Is Yoga Today?

“Yoga is the dance of every cell with the music of every breath that creates inner serenity and harmony.” – Debasish Mridha. 

Yoga became so prominent that youngsters started joining yoga classes and started preaching to others about it, too.

The term Yoga has been very famous since ancient times. For ages, the saints and sages of the northeastern states of temperate India used to be drowned into austerity.  Years ago, Swami Vivekanand went to America to attend a religious conference. In the conference, he discussed the topic “Indian Yoga,” and gave a clear understanding of the benefits of Indian Yoga.

The people of western countries were also interested and keen to know about Indian Yoga. After Swami Vivekanand, in India, there were many famous and spiritual personalities who popularised Indian Yoga. 

Seeing the prevalence of Yoga, many sages, saints etc., started teaching different types of yoga. Instead of teaching real and spiritual yoga, physical processes, exercises and asanas, these gurus started taking yoga classes to earn money.

The process was followed by everyone and it led to the publicity of Indian yoga on a global level. Yoga became so prominent that youngsters started joining yoga classes and started preaching to others about it, too.

In today’s day-to-day life, whether there are physical or mental problems, I believe yoga has solutions for every problem. There are very useful and different forms of meditations. And people can balance their lives with the help of yoga.