Youth Ki Awaaz And Save The Children Launch #TheInvisibles Survey

STC logoEditor’s Note: With #TheInvisibles, Youth Ki Awaaz and Save the Children India have joined hands to advocate for the rights of children in street situations in India. Share your stories of what you learned while interacting with street children, what authorities can do to ensure their rights are met, and how we can together fight child labour. Add a post today!

The RamusChhotus, and Gudiyas on the streets are seen by all, empathised by many, talked about by a few, but helped by almost none.

These names are what was assigned to them on the streets itself — but also snatch away their identity. Most of them do not have access to education, healthcare, water, or even a formal identity that they can call their own.

Youth Ki Awaaz and Save The Children want to change this! We’re conducting a survey to better understand how young India looks at children living in street situations and use that data to influence policy and decision making for children.

Poverty in India
“Almost 40% of the participants would love to help children on the street when they see them, but do not know how.” Image source: Wikiwand

As someone who is part of the YKA Community and has participated in our campaigns and written about child rights and other social issues, we’d love for you to take this survey.

So far, the survey has revealed that almost 40% of the participants would love to help children on the street when they see them, but do not know how to. Do you feel the same?

You can go to this link and take the survey here: https://yka.io/TheInvisiblesSurvey

Your response will count as a big contribution towards making the lives of these children visible to the society and the government.

Featured image source: Save the Children