Coronavirus In India: Health Ministry Confirms More Indians Have Tested Positive

The deadly Coronavirus has spread to over 70 countries by killing around 3,000 people along with infecting approximately 90,000 since it was first detected in China in December 2019. India has also reported 2 more cases of the virus. Between the two, one is in Delhi and another is in Telangana.

The Ministry of Health stated, “One positive case of COVID-19 has been detected in New Delhi, and one has been detected in Telangana. Both the patients are stable and being closely monitored. Further details of his travels are being ascertained.

However, the first case of Coronavirus in India was detected in Kerala. The state had kept roughly 3,500 people under surveillance after the outbreak. According to the Health Minister of Kerala, KK Shailaja, “the state government has succeeded in isolating the virus. The minister also highlighted that only 135 people are under home quarantine now.

Indian Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said her government would soon come out with strides to aid the industry limit the impact of the virus. The brunt of the virus on business is already being felt in many parts of the country.

Indian Health minister Harsh Vardhan also retold Modi government’s commitment to countering the rising intimidation. As a matter of safety measures and safety, the passengers from 12 different countries are being monitored, counting those from Nepal, Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia.

Over five lakh passengers have been screened at airports and 12,431 people screened at foremost and minor seaports. India has also recommended citizens to keep away from  non-essential journeys to Singapore. Vistara Airlines has canceled some flights to and from Bangkok and Singapore.

India has also suspended visas for 4 countries and the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has tweeted asking people to stay calm and take small yet significant safety measures to avoid Coronavirus. Meanwhile, a private school in Noida has postponed exams and cleared its grounds after the father of a student tested positive for Coronavirus.

Featured image for representative purpose only.
Sign this petition to demand expanding of screening beyond government hospitals, to pre-empt the disease from becoming an epidemic.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues, it is our duty to keep ourselves informed, take care of our own health, and wash our hands! Some simple measures that we must follow include social distancing, covering our mouth when coughing and sneezing, washing one's hands regularly, and avoid crowded places, and self-quarantine! The helpline provided by the government is +91-11-23978046. Here are some resources that the WHO and the Health Ministry have created. Remember, prevention, and not panic, will see us through this!