A Letter To Italy, The Land Of The Roman Empire And Renaissance: “We All Stand With You”

My dear Italians (young and old),

I take this opportunity to write to you amidst this pandemic. Today, Italy has become the epicentre of the Covid-19 catastrophe. I cannot say that I understand what you all are going through. What I know of it could just be the tip of the iceberg. In these times of crisis, only one thing can save the country, and that is its people!

You are not a land that will perish easily. You are the land of the great Roman Empire and the Renaissance. You are the land that gave birth to Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo. You rewrote histories of Europe by sending Marco Polo and Columbus across the world. You are the nation of Galileo Galilei. And how can we forget Italy’s Risorgimento lead by Garibaldi and Mazzini Count Cavour.

It is time for unification again, this time, against the global pandemic. You withstood great battles and the two World Wars. You are again on the verge of a war, not on any frontier, but at home. You are not alone today. We are all with you. Our prayers and good wishes are with you and entire Europe.

You have not lost all of it, yet. Day after day, people in Italy are succumbing to the virus. The number is increasing. Yet, you can reduce it. It is not a matter of luck or fortune now, it is a matter of determination and will power. Yes, if you realise your strengths, you can fight it out. You can stand tall and guide the world in averting this disastrous avalanche.

Covid -19 is not deadly enough to kill a nation such as Italy. All you need is will power. Every time you Italians have faced adversity, you stood strong to overcome it. This time, do it again. The front-lines are drawn at your doorstep. Stay home and lead the entire world out of this disaster. Quarantine is not new to you, you’ve fought back the Black Death in Milan in the 17th century.

This commoner from India wants you to re-surge and rebound, so that the entire world can fight strongly to wipe out the catastrophe of Covid -19.