Coronavirus Update: West Bengal Reports First Fatality

The central government, on Sunday, announced lockdown in 75 districts across the country. Multiple new positive cases have been reported from various parts of the country.

Meanwhile, West Bengal recorded its first death, with the death toll in India rising to 8. A 55-year-old man, residing in the Dumdum area of Kolkata, who had been tested positive a few days back, died today at a private hospital here.

The person died after being on the ventilator, doctors said. He was said to have had a cardiac attack, according to this news report. The Health Department has already been informed about the incident. Some of his family members have also been supposedly admitted to another hospital in South Kolkata.

People who have been in contact with that person has been identified by the health department.  The person returned from Bilaspur on Azad Hind Express and was admitted to the hospital on March 21, Saturday. The body of the deceased won’t be given to the family members as he died due to Coronavirus, and disposal of the body will take place with proper measures, said the authorities.

More News On Coronavirus

You Keep Hearing About It, But What Does ‘Flatten The Curve’ Actually Mean?

Does India Have Adequate Resources To Respond To Covid-19?

Combating Coronavirus: What Can We Do To Move From Fear To Self-Control?

On The Face Of A Pandemic, Our PM Addressed The Nation, But Is It Enough?

Here’s How We Can Fight Against Covid-19: A Precautionary Guide

Viruses Don’t Discriminate: Are India’s Covid-19 Measures Disabled-Friendly?