Quick Byte: Kolkata Confirms First Coronavirus Case

Image for representation only.

West Bengal reported its first positive case of coronavirus. An 18-year-old, residing in South Kolkata, who recently returned from England, tested positive for novel coronavirus on Tuesday. He has been admitted to Beliaghata ID Hospital, making it the first confirmed case in West Bengal, a senior official of the state government said. The man had gone to the UK for higher studies, and. returned on Sunday.

Image for representation only.

The boy visited a birthday party in England where he came in contact with a few infected persons at the party. The infection spread as a result of their contact, said an official. He started showing symptoms of COVID-19 from Tuesday morning, following which he was admitted to the isolation ward of the Beliaghata ID hospital of Kolkata. Medical examinations revealed that the person had contracted novel coronavirus, officials said. Hospital authority shifted the patient to a new isolation ward.

Beleghata ID Hospital

Bengal’s CM Mamata Banerjee has also announced the extension of its shutdown order for educational institutions from March 31 to April 15.

Featured image for representation only.

More News On Coronavirus

Here’s How We Can Fight Against Covid-19: A Precautionary Guide

Viruses Don’t Discriminate: Are India’s Covid-19 Measures Disabled-Friendly?

Schools, Universities Shut In Kolkata In Bid To Fight Coronavirus

Canadian Scientists Isolate Covid-19 Sample, Raising Hopes For Potential Vaccine

My Experience At Mumbai’s Only Hospital Offering The Covid-19 Test