Quick Byte: What More Is Needed For A ‘Clean Bharat’

Cleanliness is a major part of our lives. The absence of cleanliness can pave the way towards deteriorating health and an imminent situation of danger. Prime Minister Sh. Narendra Modi focuses largely on cleanliness and wellness, and thus initiated the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. However, the failure of the Abhiyan has garnered a mixed response.

A handful of people dump their garbage in the required bins. The rest, however, find the nearest sewer to dump their filth, unknowingly harbouring the growth of deadly diseases. This issue can be resolved with the implementation of stricter rules. Installing cameras in various colonies, putting the government’s eye on people who pollute the sewers, and having stricter guidelines regarding use of plastic and collection of garbage are a few such steps towards making our surroundings cleaner and healthier.