Here’s How We Can Fight Against Covid-19: A Precautionary Guide

While, India was fighing against the CAA and NRC issue, Covid-19 was first identified in Wuhan, Hubei in China, in mid-November 2019. However, by March 2020, over 150,000 cases have been reported in around 130 countries. It is a new illness that is caused by a virus called coronavirus. It can affect our lungs and airways.

The virus spreads from one person to another through coughing, similar to how influenza spreads. Currently, there is no vaccine or antiviral treatment for the disease. The first death from Covid-19 was confirmed in January 2020 in Wuhan. Most of the cases are now spread from person to person via droplets while coughing or sneezing.

How Covid-19 Can Be Prevented From Spreading

Wash your hands properly with soap and water every time you get in contact with someone else.
  • Wash your hands properly with soap and water.
  • Use an alcoholic sanitiser if soap and water are not available.
  • Use a mask when you are outside.
  • Cover your mouth with a handkerchief while you are coughing or sneezing.
  • Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
  • Stay at home if you have a fever or cold.
  • Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
  • Avoid handshakes.

These are the common prevention to protect yourself from coronavirus.

India has already declared coronavirus a disaster. The number of cases in India has reached 110, including two people who’ve died in Delhi and Karnataka. In Delhi, almost all schools, colleges and universities have cancelled their classes till 31st March. Many offices have started work from home facilities to counter the virus. In Assam too, schools and colleges have shut down.

The Mumbai Police has banned any kind of tourism in the city. At all airports, security has increased and everyone has to be checked properly. In some places, people travelling have even been asked to fill some forms that ask people about their travel history, whether or not they are coming from coronavirus affected areas.

Apart from this, in sports, players are avoiding handshakes. Even the India-South Africa cricket tournament has been cancelled due to the outbreak of coronavirus. The first ODI, between Australia and New Zealand, was played in closed door and the remaining matches are cancelled because of the virus. New Zealand government called their players back.

As I mentioned that there is no vaccination currently, it is very difficult for all of us to leave all the work and stay at home. The whole world is now suffering from coronavirus, and everyone is living in fear because no one knows how it can be cured. Everyone needs to fight against the virus.