Greeting With A ‘Namaste’ Or ‘Salaam’ In Times Of Corona

The Amazon forest is as crucial for us as cleanliness of our surroundings. These days, we are struggling with the deadly disease of coronavirus across the world. Life at present is not possible without a mask that has become a fashion commodity to strengthen our survival on this living planet. The deep dread of this virus has snatched our opportunity to consume non-veg diets or engage in even a simple handshake, and kissing and hugging have become totally distasteful.

In the meantime, Kim Kardashian has shared a passage from the 2008 book, ‘End of Days’ written by late Sylvia Browne, who claimed to be a psychic. The excerpt claimed that severe pneumonia-like illness would occur in 2020, which will suddenly vanish and return ten years later, and then disappear finally.

Leaders globally have started greeting with a ‘namaste’. Image source: Twitter

Even the mighty US President Donald Trump said that he has not touched his face in weeks out of suspicion or fear, whatever you might suppose at this critical moment of the virus outbreak. French President Emanuel Macron greeted Spain King Felipe and Queen Letizia with a ‘namaste‘ 🙏. Benjamin Netanyahu urged Israelis to greet with a namaste.

Our own Tinseltown idol Salman Khan urged people to say salaam and namaste, until the virus gets completely removed. He insisted that it is part of our indigenous culture. That may be the reason why skin specialists recommended playing Holi this year with natural dry colours, so that revellers do not catch any acute infection and suffer harm.

Bernie Sanders has assured people that once a vaccine for coronavirus is developed, it should be free.

In the meantime, author Liz Ryan writes about what coronavirus is teaching us:
1) Healthcare is a right
2) Paid sick leave is a right
3) Many, many people could do their job from home
4) We are more dependent on a healthy society than we want to acknowledge.

Who cannot contradict the quiet fear of virus across the world, despite the fact that we are still at stage 2 of the outbreak! A world war against this fatal eruption has been waged. Who is wholly responsible for it? If the hell looms just at the threshold, who can avail the luxury of heaven? It is far saner to realise this a tad bit early.