Covid-19 Update: Ministry Of Human Resource Development Asks CBSE To Postpone All Exams

As an additional preventive measure for the COVID-19, the Indian Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) on Wednesday ordered the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), along with all the educational institutions, to postpone all the ongoing exams till March 31 in the middle of ongoing novel Coronavirus threat. The list of exams to be rescheduled include class 10, class 12, NIOS, and university exams.

The HRD secretary, Amit Khare, said, “While maintenance of academic calendar and exam schedule is important, equally important is safety and security of students who are appearing in various examinations as also of their teachers and parents”.

The CBSE Secretary Anurag Tripathi said, “During the aforementioned period, re-examinations that were rescheduled to be held for northeast Delhi candidates will also be further rescheduled”.

The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) mains may also get postponed and the new dates will be announced after March 31, according to the statement by the ministry. “Since JEE mains may require travel by examinees to different towns and the dates may clash with rescheduled CBSE and other board exams, therefore, JEE mains should be rescheduled and the new date for the JEE mains will be announced on March 31 after reassessment of situation,” the directive said.

Photo by Amarjeet Kumar Singh/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images.

The total number of COVID-19 positive cases in India currently stands at 170-plus. Three people have already died because of the coronavirus in India. Across the world, around 2, 19, 000 cases of COVID-19, and counting, have been confirmed. Over 8, 8900 lives have already been lost due to the deadly virus.

More News On Coronavirus

Here’s How We Can Fight Against Covid-19: A Precautionary Guide

Viruses Don’t Discriminate: Are India’s Covid-19 Measures Disabled-Friendly?

Plans To Rope In Private Labs For COVID-19 Testing, Says Govt Body ICMR

Canadian Scientists Isolate Covid-19 Sample, Raising Hopes For Potential Vaccine

My Experience At Mumbai’s Only Hospital Offering The Covid-19 Test