Coronavirus Update: Patient Toll Reaches 31 In India

Coronavirus is spreading rapidly outside China to other countries. 3282 people worldwide have died due to the virus. At the same time, 31 cases of Coronavirus have been confirmed in India so far.

Those coming from Italy and South Korea are required to provide a certificate of investigation. Instructions to ensure the deployment of doctors 24 hours at the border checkposts.

India’s COVID-19 Number Is Now 31

After the Paytm employee case who was confirmed for COVID-19 (he was on a vacation trip to Italy earlier), which resulted in shutting down of the Paytm office in Gurugram for 15 days and employees were advised to work from home.

Another confirmed case comes from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. The patient has a history of traveling to Iran as per official sources. The latest confirmed case is from Delhi, a person who recently travelled to Thailand and Malaysia. The person lives in Uttam Nagar.

With this, the virus has been confirmed in a total of 31 people in the country so far which includes 16 Italian tourists. “The Italian tourists have been sent to Indo-Tibetan Border Police’s (ITBP) quarantine facility in Chhawla,” Harsh Vardhan said. Out of the confirmed cases, three patients from Kerala have recovered and gone home.

In Dubai, a 16-year-old Indian girl has also tested positive for COVID-19.

As a precautionary measure, the Government of Delhi has closed the primary schools in Delhi till March 31. Dy. CM Sisodia tweeted:

Union Health Minister’s Statement

Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan held a press conference on the Coronavirus pandemic yesterday and asked people to be vigilant instead of afraid. He said that so far, 28 cases of Coronavirus had been found in the country.

At the same time, hospitals have been asked to make separate wards as a precaution. Along with this, special monitoring is being done at the airport. Necessary instructions have been issued to the officials for this.

Harsh Vardhan further said that the government is alert on Coronavirus and hospitals have been asked to increase facilities. There will be a screening of foreign tourists. The government plans to build a lab in Iran to investigate the virus.

Speaking on the patient found in Delhi, he said that the Delhi patient had come in contact with 66 people and the Delhi government has been asked to make further arrangements.

The first case of Coronavirus has also been recorded in Bhutan.

Meanwhile, China reported 30 more deaths.

Rapid Response Team To Be Formed

The government has increased its activity in the wake of Coronavirus rising in the country. The central government has asked the states to immediately form rapid response teams to deal with it. Their responsibility will be to make people aware at the local level and to detect suspicious cases.

3282 People Have Died Worldwide So Far

According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), 2241 new cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been confirmed and 84 people have died in the world within the last 24 hours.

At the same time, a total of 3282 people have died due to the virus worldwide.

As per the Ministry of External Affairs, no Indian has been tested positive for COVID-19 in Iran, so far. However, the India-European Union summit also got deferred because of the Coronavirus outbreak.

The demand for hand sanitisers has increased 10 times. The demand for masks has also increased.

In India, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray urged that COVID-19 has not affected the state, so there is no need to panic but people need to be cautioned.

Temperature Matters?

The Indian Council of Medical Research Chief said that a change in temperature will not affect the COVID-19 spread, since there is no proof that its spread is accelerated in low temperatures.

Non Vegetarian Food

Prices of non-veg food have decreased with a decrease in demand however, there is no proof till now that non-veg food is a source of this virus in India and how properly cooked meat can pose a threat.

Union Fisheries and Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh has stated that COVID-19 does not spread by eating fish, chicken, and eggs. The Union Minister tweeted on Thursday that “Coronavirus is not spread by eating fish, chicken or eggs. Not eating fish, eggs or chicken can cause a deficiency of protein in the body. So, definitely eat these things, But cook it well and eat it.

Meanwhile, it was reported that an Irish man who was suspected of having contracted Coronavirus fled a hospital in Cuttack.