Covid-19: All You Need To Know About The Bio-Weapon Conspiracy Theory

Since the outbreak of the newly originated coronavirus known as the Covid-19 officially, there has been a ruckus and panic among people all over the globe. The virus which was declared a “pandemic” by the WHO on 11th march has taken more than 8,000 lives, leaving close to two lac people infected at the time of writing this article.

China remains the worst affected country with more than 3,000 deaths and 80,000 active cases, followed by Italy with close to 2,000 and 25,000 active cases. Many consider and even held China responsible for the outbreak of the deadly virus as a result of eating seafood. Many such theories are coming out along with a very controversial theory of the virus being claimed a bio-weapon. Several top scientists across the world are trying to trace the source of this virus.

The Huanan wet market in Wuhan, as of now, is believed to be the origin of the virus, while different claims are made for the origin of the virus. The spokesperson of the Chinese foreign ministry, Lijian Zhao, tweeted that the US military may have brought the virus during their visit to Wuhan in October. However, the claims that were presented by the Chinese official were without evidence and research and looked more like a conspiracy theory.

In a time of warfare, where all your major opponents are heavily equipped with nuclear warheads, the chance of survival of the human race is close to zero. The amount of destruction and damage that both sides will deal would be beyond the limit of reviving and recovering. A biological weapon on the other hand, will not only very efficiently wipe out the enemy but would create the chances of survival for one side.

The claims that are in the air are that the United States has developed this virus as a biological weapon to counter Chinese aggression as a result of the trade war between the superpowers. However, the U.S agencies have denied any such claims of the virus being a bio-weapon. Biological convention treaty of 1972 bans any country which tries to develop any bio-weapon. Whatever may be the source of the virus or any accusation, it is highly recommended to stay indoors for safety!