Delhi Police Goes The Extra Mile, Adopts 270 Families For 21-Day Lockdown

The announcement of the 21-day nation-wide lockdown by PM Modi, on Tuesday, to stop the Coronavirus spread by social distancing, has caused trouble to thousands of people, especially the daily wage workers. They have been in need of helping hands, and around 270 families, living in the Pakistani Hindu Refugee Camp in North West Delhi, faced a livelihood crisis.

In such difficult times, the police of the North-West district came to help them. The Deputy Commissioner of Polic†e (DCP) of North-West, Vijayanta Goyal Arya, decided to adopt these (around 270) families and provide them food and ration during the 21-day lockdown.

When asked what made her take this initiative, she replied: “Because of the lockdown, a lot of people have been affected in terms of their livelihood, and this is one such chunk of people who are refugees have been staying in this area. They were daily wage earners, and because of the lockdown, now they don’t have a daily source of income and so were facing hardships.”

DCP Vijayanta Goyal Arya also said that “As they came to our notice, I and my team of officers in the district have decided that we should take up the responsibilities of around 270 families who are staying here. For this 21-day lockdown period, we are going to take care of their food and the essentials required.”

On asking if there was any message she wanted to give to the rest of the police force, she replied, “Not just to the police forces but to all of us in the country. this is the time where we are facing a crisis on a national level and we all need to pull in our resources to do whatever best we can in order to make the country win and make corona lose in this fight. So, whosoever it is, wherever he or she is, should contribute their bit, firstly by following the lockdown, by following the self-discipline and not coming out, being in their homes. And secondly, in whatever way they can, through their local police forces, through their local civic administration, reach out to people who are in need and help them, the one with resources should help the one in need.”

Her move is an example and a positive message and is being widely appreciated for this great step.

No doubt if such steps are being taken by the top brass of our system, it will send a positive message to society, that the government and the police care for them irrespective of their caste or creed.

As a citizen, we should be proud of officials like DCP Vijayanta Goyal Arya, who do go the extra mile to make things better and who are fighting the war against the Coronavirus, as well as taking care of the people in need. 

We should contribute to this initiative by just staying home, and by helping those who are in need.

More News On Coronavirus

“I Was Fine Until I Wasn’t”: When A ‘Vacation’ Turned Into Isolation

Coronavirus Update: Govt Sanctions Rs 1.7 Lakh Crore Relief Package

Kashmir Can Survive Lockdown And Curfew, But Can It Survive A Pandemic?

Viruses Don’t Discriminate: Are India’s Covid-19 Measures Disabled-Friendly?

You Keep Hearing About It, But What Does ‘Flatten The Curve’ Actually Mean?

Does India Have Adequate Resources To Respond To Covid-19?