“Every Woman Is An Invincible Warrior”

Sacrifice, patience, endurance and empathy are some of the coherent characters of a bride in our culture. Aruna is a grandmother of two loving children, and a doting wife to an ex-military man, whose loyalty and service towards his family equals that to his nation. Her happiness was contagious. A moment spent with her was like a bundle of joy.

You can call her a restless brat, but even in old age, she is a call away from anyone’s need. Her daughter Neha was not her mother’s replica, but an established and successful woman willing to take the world ahead. On the contrary, her mother wished to carry the whole world on her shoulders.

One Monday morning, Neha came across an old diary in her mother’s cupboard, and found some scribbling that brought tears to her eyes. She was astonished to see her mother’s wonderful write-ups and volcanic feelings. But all had remained buried for so many years. Her two liners were so powerful that they evoked a sense of gratitude and respect for the lady to have her as her my mother. To mention a few:

“I wish I was treated as a human being,”
“I wish I had my own identity rather than just being tagged as Mr Girija, wife of a Military man.”
“No grudges for I shall move hell to make a heaven for my children and people of my country by being just a housewife.”

A woman, unlike men, is often categorised as wife of a labourer, wife of an officer, wife of a school teacher or wife of an engineer. A ‘multitasking woman’ with ambitious career goals has always been seen as an example of a woman in power today and tomorrow.

The external world is really a challenge to women, but the internal challenge is nature’s challenge, where a woman goes through various biological changes after her puberty and maternity transformation. The turmoil of accepting physical changes is a also psychological war. The war is between her and society, and undoubtedly, she is an invincible warrior.