To All The Women Out There, The Future Is You!

I’ve a mouth, I guess they forget that sometimes. That’s why when I speak, they do either of the two things: question my upbringing or my character. Well, just so you know, I was my dad’s princess, but he has brought me up as a warrior; so I’m gonna thrive—you can do whatever you want.

I was my dad’s princess, but he has brought me up as a warrior.

My body belongs to me, and I guess they are concerned about my body more than I’m… You ask why do I think so? You know, if random people would comment about what my clothes should look like and how much of my body I should expose, I guess, it’s only genuine that such a question would arise in my mind.

But here’s the happiest epilogue to this story: my body is my concern, so if you’ve an issue with how I dress, it’s not my problem! And my safety? It’s so sweet of them to care about me SO MUCH that they don’t even want me to go out at night. You ask why? Crime against women, DUH! It’s not the criminals’ fault that they commit a crime; it is us, the girls, who provoke them, right?

If you think so, too, here’s a pro tip for you: once the sun has set, cage yourself in your room and look outside the window at the free, cheerful faces outside, enjoying themselves. How’d that make you feel? Not good, huh?

Then, why me?

I’m my voice,

I’m my body,

I’m my ideas.

I’m a daughter to my dad,

I’m a mother to my son,

I’m a lover to my love,

I’m life to this Earth

I give birth,

I nurture,

I dress odd,

I talk trash,

I fight,

I fall,

I read,

I educate,

I’m a woman,

I’m beautiful,

I’m strong.

To all the women out there, FUTURE IS YOU!