Happy Women’s Day: Here Are Some Truly Empowering Quotes By Michelle Obama

We all know that the International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on March 8. It is a great tradition that does its job of honouring all the women around the world and thanking them for their undeniable contribution towards society. Women Empowerment, rightfully, is at an all-time high nowadays, thanks to a plethora of women who have made an impact throughout history.

While there are a lot of women worth mentioning while talking about this topic, there is one who inspires a lot of women around the world to be the best version of themselves: Michelle Obama.

Michelle Obama, the former first lady of the USA, is undeniably one of the most influential people in the world and in history. Her contribution, as an inspiration, for both women and men is remarkable. While only her work is enough for acting as the root of this inspiration, the things she says tend to leave a mark in everyone’s minds. Therefore, it’s only fair to honour her words on this Women’s Day. Here are some quotes by Michelle Obama:

• “Whether You Come From A Council Estate Or A Country State, Your Success Will Be Determined By Your Own Confidence And Fortitude.”

What Mrs Obama is trying to say here is that a person’s success is only determined by the work they put in and how much they believe in themselves. Also, it doesn’t really matter where you come from if you are confident, you believe in yourself, and if you put in the work. Nothing and no one can then stop you from being successful. Climb the stairs of success with the help of your inner tools.

• “Your Story Is What You Have, What You Will Always Have. It Is Something To Own.”

We all are here for a reason and that reason is different for everyone. Everyone is born different and everyone lives differently. We are here to create our own stories and your story can only be determined by you. Whatever you do, lose, and accomplish since the day you were born, until the day you will leave this earth, will be a part of your story. Moreover, the most amazing part about it is that no one other than you can create it and no one can take it away from you. So, make it worthwhile.

• “Am I Good Enough? Yes, I Am.”

Nowadays, many people criticize themselves on the basis of a lot of things. Well, doing this might be good if it is done for self-exploration; however, if it develops a negative mindset in you, then you must stop immediately. Or at least tone it down a bit. Michelle explains self-love and self-confidence in the simplest way possible. Just believing that you are good enough can help you a lot in staying confident and preserving your much important self-esteem.

• “It Was One Thing To Get Yourself Out Of A Stuck Place, I Realised. It was Another Thing Entirely To Try And Get The Place Itself Unstuck.”

We all experience a time in our lives when we feel stuck in a place or a situation. And while we tend to escape from such situations and places, we completely forget about the place or situation most of the time. A greater thing to do would be trying to help those who were stuck with you in said places or situations. That would be a completely different experience and it will show that you have respect for those who stood by you in your hard times. It adds up to your qualities as a humble person.

• “Success Is Only Meaningful And Enjoyable If It Feels Like Your Own.”

A person achieves true success only by relying on his/her own potential. The success you achieve without taking help from anyone else is far more satisfying than it would be in the other scenario. Michelle conveys this message perfectly by saying that you’ll only enjoy success and justify its meaning if it is gained by your efforts and hard work. So, instead of seeking people’s help, we must put in our own work to achieve the success we desire so much.

• “If There’s One Thing I’ve Learned In My Life, It’s The Power Of Using Your Voice.

There’s a reason why freedom of speech is considered so vital throughout the world. When you have the right to voice your opinion on anything you like or don’t like, you realize that it indeed is the ultimate power. Many people throughout history (Michelle Obama being one of them) have used their voices to change the world. The power of words is the most precious power in this world, and it serves you right if it’s used wisely.

• “You Should Never View Your Challenges As A Disadvantage. Instead, It’s Important For You To Understand That Your Experience Facing And Overcoming Adversity Is Actually One Of Your Biggest Advantages.”

Saying that “a person learns from his/her experience” would be clichéd, but it is true and can be used here to get the point across. Also, treating your challenges as a disadvantage will only develop a negative mindset that will harm your ability to take risks. Taking risks is something that adds up to your experience and acts as a valuable asset in your success. So, we must always treat our challenges as an opportunity to learn something new and grow our wisdom.

This piece has previously been published on Thrive Global, Medium and Reddit.