Here’s What NGOs Are Doing To Help Children Access Education In India

Education is a tool through which millions of underprivileged children can be empowered. A good education can help children from socially and economically disadvantaged groups reach their full potential. However, for millions, getting access to proper education is a dream beyond their reach.

NGOs like Save the Children work tirelessly to promote children’s education worldwide. Save the Children is a non-profit that was established in 1919 to protect and promote the rights and interests of children. This NGO runs social welfare programs in over 80 countries, and in India, it is active in 19 states. Save the Children champions various social causes such as education, and also seeks to root out social evils such as child marriage, child labour, child sexual abuse, child trafficking, poverty, illiteracy, and malnutrition, etc. Organisations such as Save the Children seek to protect all vulnerable children from numerous forms of harm, neglect, violence, and abuse.

This NGO’s mission is to ensure that every child is equipped with the skills they need to build a better life for themselves. Save the Children do their best to provide children education to the most vulnerable children living in disaster and conflict zones. It can carry out its activities thanks to the support of its donors, corporate sponsors, and institutional supporters. Education is an immensely valuable gift. Consider donating to NGOs like Save the Children to support their mission and their social welfare activities.

Donations made to charitable organisations and NGOs are also eligible for tax exemption. This donation tax exemption can be cited at the time of filing for income tax returns. Your contributions will be used to fund programs that impact millions of lives. You can give back to society by donating and aiding in childhood education for the underprivileged. All children have the right to a happy and fulfilling life.

Save the Children also helps local civic bodies formulate child protection policies to protect all children from multiple forms of physical and mental violence. This NGO also carries out disaster management work in disaster-struck areas to mitigate the damage caused to lives and livelihoods. There are millions of children around the world who don’t have access to education. They are denied the opportunity to pursue an education, often due to discrimination, poverty, etc. Education is a powerful medium through which they can overcome their dire situations.

However, in a country like India, there is also discrimination towards women and girls. Due to deep-rooted gender biases, girls in India are often denied the right to pursue an education. The inequality also arises because girls are incorrectly perceived as less valuable than boys. Many in society believe that educating girls is useless, as they do not have incoming earning potential equal to males. Therefore they are discouraged from education and told to take up household work instead.

In India, Save the Children is registered as ‘Bal Raksha Bharat,’ and this organisation works tirelessly for poor children education in India. Several reasons are contributing factors to the lack of education amongst poor and disadvantaged children. There are millions of children who cannot complete their education due to marginalisation and poverty they face. The socio-economic conditions in developing countries like India are also responsible for millions of children missing out on education. Save the Children also runs various programs for the education of children, and helps them educate children much more efficiently. Everyone knows that children’s education is a vital human right and that it plays a crucial role in the economic, social, and political development of a nation.

Featured image for representation only.