How To Boost Your Immune System During The Corona Pandemic

As we all know, right now, the whole world is facing a critical situation of COVID-19 and maximum countries are on lockdown mode. In this pedantic situation, we have to understand our body for being a Nobel corona covid19 warrior. I think it is a good time to understand our body, mind, and soul. Meanwhile, let’s not understate our inner potential in fighting with COVID-19.

Here are some ways we can protect ourselves and the whole of the human dynasty. Being a fitness coach and fat loss consultant, I will suggest some points that are essential for a healthy immune system.

1) Keep Yourself Hygienic

Basically, coronavirus is a respiratory illness. It has spread across the whole world and WHO has declared it to be a pandemic. So, we should take care of our hygiene and keep our surroundings clean, especially our body parts and washing our hands at regular intervals. Try and not touch your face, nose and eyes. Also, try and bathe twice daily.

2) Get Appropriate Sleep

Cytokinesis is a special type of protein released during sleep. If you take insufficient sleep, it targets infection and inflammation that effectively disturbs your immune response. Consequently, studies advise taking two 30-minutes-or-less naps daily to help mitigate sleep deprivation’s effects on the immune system. So, we should take appropriate sleep and boost our immunity.

3). Keep Meditating

As we know, meditation reduces stress. And stress causes an inflammatory response within the body that can greatly affect your fight-or-flight response by releasing too much of the stress hormone cortisol. It also leaves us more vulnerable to infections and disease. That’s why meditating has become more necessary for stress releasing. So, keep meditating during such critical lockdown days.

4). Drink Warm Water And Consume Fresh Food

Warm water helps us to maintain our immunity and hence, we must drink boiled water. Drink warm water and take fresh food that helps you be healthy.

5). Eat A Balanced Diet

Have a diet that’s balanced and contains vegetables, fibre, and whole grains. We should eat a range of foods that contain vitamins A, B, C, D and E and the minerals iron, zinc, and selenium. They contain the sources mentioned below:

·       Vitamin A: oily fish, egg yolks, cheese, tofu, nuts, seeds, whole grains, and legumes.

·       Vitamin B6: cereals, legumes, green leafy vegetables, fruit, nuts, fish, chicken, and meat.

·       Vitamin B9: green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds, and commercial bread-making flour.

·       B12: animal products, including eggs, meat and dairy, and also in fortified soy milk (check the nutrition information panel),

·       Vitamin C: oranges, lemons, limes, berries, kiwifruit, broccoli, tomatoes, and capsicum.

·       Vitamin D: mainly sunlight, but is also found in some foods such as eggs, fish, while some milk and margarine brands may be fortified with it.

·       Vitamin E: nuts, green leafy vegetables, and vegetable oils.

·       Iron: meat, chicken, and fish. Vegetarian sources include legumes, whole grains, and iron-fortified breakfast cereals.

·       Zinc: oysters and other seafood, meat, chicken, dried beans and nuts.

·       Selenium: nuts, especially Brazil nuts and meat, cereals and mushrooms.

6) Try And Workout At Home

In this lockdown situation, we should try and work out at home to boost our immunity. The researchers at the University of California-San Diego of Medicine found that as little as 20 minutes of exercise can have anti-inflammatory effects that boost your immune system. So, do exercises that are feasible for you and your routine.

7) Limit Your Alcohol Consumption

Consuming more alcohol might hamper your nervous system and digestion that directly or indirectly affects your immunity.

8). Avoid Smoking

Smoking is injurious for health and it weakens your immune system. The chemicals in cigarette smoke are an ongoing source of damage to cells throughout the body, and our immune system must continually work to fight off this damage. Eventually, the immune system cannot keep up with all the damage caused by the smoke. So, take care of your immunity.

Let’s fight Covid19 and act responsibly. Be safe and be at home. It’s very simple to safeguard yourself by isolating yourself.

Created by Vishwa

Are you looking for work from home ?