Believing In Yourself In Times Of Defeat And Failure

When life goes downhill and you are met with a series of failures, you’re bound to feel defeated. Failures are also a part of life, but continuous failures make one suffer a lot. I usually pen down inspirational and motivational thoughts, but this time I have lost all my hopes, and the power and strength to stay strong.

I am defeated. I have started feeling depressed, and I fear that I would lose my mind. After completing my studies and moving out for a career opportunity in the past few years, I am suddenly trapped in this illness, the feeling of being defeated. It usually occurs when I have faced a sequence of failures in some competitive exam or lost opportunities of building a career  I am not writing this to de-motivate you. I want to feel normal in life, hence I have taken my passion for writing, and given it a purpose to share my story of battling anxiety with you all.

“After completing my studies and moving out for a career opportunity in the past few years, I am suddenly trapped in this illness, the feeling of being defeated.”

Very recently, I failed once again. Disappointed, defeated, and wrapped in darkness, I felt lonely once again. This time, it was very intense. I have confronted failures many a times, and coped up in order to achieve all my dreams and aspirations. But this time, it really hit me hard! People pass their own thoughts to me, some say that I need to stop writing articles or blogs for some time and put more time to study. Likewise, my social media activity is also targeted and my prescribed way of life is criticised too.

I know myself, and no one can demotivate me from my passion. The day my writing stops, I will vanish. Motivating yourself is not easy, and when you live with your thoughts of reality, it becomes even more difficult. Appreciation goes to my friend Parag, Aashish, Sandeepa and Bhumika for being by my side with their words of inspiration. Also, not to forget Nabin, Sumit, Akash and Saurav for reminding me of my old words. It makes sense to surround myself with some positivity, while others sound off to me.

I am still the same person as I was before. What actually changes is my belief in my own self. Whatever life throws at me, it’s my own problem. Therefore, it all depends on what I perceive of myself. We also need a reality check and not just words of motivation and inspiration. Today, I am defeated, and I don’t know about tomorrow. This is my life in a nutshell. How can I convince someone about my ability to do a job?

Infinite self-belief comes with self-confidence. For now, I have lost all my emotions.