Streets Of Kolkata Through The Lens, Before The City Got Locked Down

The Central government has advised the State government of West Bengal to impose a lockdown in Kolkata along with 75 zones nationwide, effective from 25th March midnight. The government has issued a notice that all emergency services will be available. Yet, many people are creating mass gathering in markets, banks, medicine shops, and petrol pumps.

People started stepping out of their houses after one day of the ‘Janta curfew‘. The Central government will take necessary steps towards those who violate the lockdown, and an imprisonment of six months with a fine of Rs 1,000 will be imposed.

Kolkata Through The Lens, Before It Was Locked Down

1. 

People boarding a private bus in South Kolkata. Photo credit: Zeeshan Jawed

2. 

People gathering at a petrol pump in South Kolkata. Photo credit: Tirthankar Das

3. 

People gathering at a medicine shop in South Kolkata. Photo credit: Tirthankar Das

4. 

People gathering at a daily market in South Kolkata. Photo credit: Tirthankar Das

5. 

People queued up in front of a State Bank of India branch. Photo credit: Tirthankar Das

6. 

People busy buying vegetables from a market in South Kolkata. Photo credit: Tirthankar Das

7. 

A grocery shop in South Kolkata. Photo credit: Tirthankar Das

8. 

People standing in a queue in front of an FL Off shop. Photo credit: Tirthankar Das

9. 

People standing in a queue in front of a grocery shop. Photo credit: Tirthankar Das

10. 

Vehicles on road after one day of the shutdown. Photo credit: Tirthankar Das