4 Convicts In Nirbhaya Case Were Hanged, But Will That Stop Crimes Against Women?

On 20th March 2020, At Morning 5 AM, four of the Nirbhaya rape case convicts were hanged till death. After hearing this news, people were distributing sweets, celebrating like at a festival.

Yes, I don’t mind what they do to express their happiness. But, I want every citizen of India to think, has true justice been delivered? Can anyone assure no assaults/rape from happening in the future? I am quite sure everyone’s answer will be a big NO. Then, what can be the most probable, practical, and long term solution(s)?

As per the 2018 NCRB report, that was released recently, it was estimated that one woman reports a rape every 15 minutes.  Representational image.

Everybody knows, this hanging is ‘instant relief’, but not the ultimate solution. Even while writing this article, some girls and women might be facing assault somewhere in any corner of this planet. As per the 2018 NCRB report, that was released recently, it was estimated that one woman reports a rape every 15 minutes. So what about all these women?

I think it is practically impossible to give this kind of justice. Even our jails cannot accommodate all these culprits.

Our country is advanced in many streams. But, our ethical progress is negligible. It is the need of the hour to do thorough research on the root cause of these crimes. There should be thorough research and practical solutions and steps to achieve this target at least by the next generation.

These instant justifications won’t solve the entire solution. Punishments alone cannot solve any crime issue. Its root-level solutions are required. Education with ethics and life skills is the ultimate, reliable and long term solution. May God bless and upgrade our education system!

Created by Lal Poorna Chand

Do you think, This justice alone will solve the root cause???
Featured image for representation only.