This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Sweta Mahato. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Opinion: The Potpourri Politics Of Scindia, BJP, Congress And Madhya Pradesh

More from Sweta Mahato

On 10th March 2020, Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia left the Congress party and joined the BJP, as he was unable to serve the people under the Congress. He was one of the most talented and experienced leaders in the Congress.

In 2018, when the Congress won the state election in Madhya Pradesh and Kamal Nath became the Chief Minister, there were no Deputy Chief Minister. Scindia had been upset with the party’s work, and said in an interview that the Congress is no longer the party it was before. His grandmother Vijayaraje Scindia was a former politician in the BJP, while his father Madhav Rao Scindia was a started his career as a politician in Jana Sangh and later switched to the Congress.

He has served the Congress for more than 18 years, and now has shaken his hand with the BJP. Along with Scindia, 22 MLAs have also quit the Congress party. This leaves the Kamal Nath-led government on the brink of losing its majority. The BJP is likely to offer a post in the Cabinet to Scindia.

“I am sure his induction into the party will further strengthen BJP’s resolve to serve the people of Madhya Pradesh,” Amit Shah tweeted today. Image source: Twitter

Now, the next step is a floor test if the Kamal Nath government fails to prove its majority. In that case, the Congress will no longer the leading party in Madhya Pradesh, and Kamal Nath might have to resign as the CM.

This is a crucial time for the Congress as well as for Kamal Nath. As 22 members have already quit the Congress, the party now needs a strong majority to protect its government in Madhya Pradesh. The party needs to convince those 22 members who left the party, and develop a strong bond with other party members.

On the other side, the BJP is now trying to make its government in Madhya Pradesh. After Scindia’s resignation, Amit Shah offered him to join the BJP.

It is a really difficult time for the Congress. It has many experienced political leaders, but is still unable to make the party stronger. It has young political leaders such as Sachin Pilot and many more, but the party doesn’t give opportunities to its young leaders, as mentioned by a few young party leaders. There seems to be a lack of party work in the Congress.

If Congress doesn’t attempt to unite the party, then it’ll start lose its members one by one. The BJP is trying to win the floor test so that they can establish their government in MP as well.

It is a great chance for the BJP to come back to power in Madhya Pradesh. If the Congress loses the floor test, then it will affect other states where it has formed its government as well. The Congress is now no longer a strong party as it was before.

More from Sweta Mahato

By Avantika Tiwari

By Prachi Bajpai

By Neil Banerjee