This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by RAAZ DHEERAJ SHARMA✍️. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

From Varanasi To BodyGaya, I Learnt A Message Of Peace, Life And Death

More from RAAZ DHEERAJ SHARMA✍️

I am writing this after spending three days in two different states and sharing my experience after getting the opportunity to see some beautiful spiritual places of this heaven. There is a difference between chasing something and searching for something and believe me, life will become more interesting if you explore more rather than pursue something without opening your eyes. It is better to open eyes to seek something to see the beauty of this world.

What I believe is that by travelling to different places, you have that opportunity to know people from various regions and that experience along with the connections with strangers is an exciting part of our life.

# The Varanasi Ghats
The Varanasi Ghats. Picture credit-dnaindia.in

Varanasi

The cycle of death and life being repeated there in ghats, you can find the answer to every spiritual question in the air of the city of light. Every street has its history, and every place has its own importance. 

At the time of talking to people of the city, you can feel the music in their voices. Every soul has some unique beauty in this incredible city. You can perceive the presence of god while taking each step, and there is different power, energy, and purity in every drop of Maa Ganga. 

Every wave is proclaiming that yes, you are alive, but at the same time, the last journey of every soul was screaming out by saying that death is inevitable.

Bodh Gaya

After visiting Mahabodhi, i.e., great awakening temple and the Bodhi tree under which Lord Buddha gained enlightenment, I got a different but exceptional experience. In this world where everyone is busy in their life, I saw people there who were doing mediation and yoga. One can observe that they are free from the artificial world. I don’t think they were using their cellphones during that period, which is impressive. 

If you ask anything with them, they will give a reply to you with a smile. You cannot observe any irritation or frustration in their face. They all are doing this by choice and not by compulsion, and we can feel the same. They are free from anger, jealousy, and ego.

People came there from different countries, and they were followers of varying ideologies, but they all were commonly following the message of peace and happiness. Without thinking about others, they were doing practice with determination. That scene from that place wherein everyone was doing mediation, sitting at different areas of Bodhi temple, and reciting mantras was unique and memorable.

May Lord Buddha give the same kind of patience and pleasing life to all of us. In the era of “Mahol kharab ho Raha hai” (Things are getting bad) or “log ache Nahi hai,”(People arent that good) got some beautiful memories with strangers to prove that still, we believe in humanity and lovely souls are there in this heaven.

From Taxi driver to pandit ji and their associates at Varanasi, including e-rickshaw driver, auto driver, the staff of the restaurant, chai wale uncle ji, and bhaiya ji at Bodh Gaya and one of my friends at Varanasi dedicated their whole day to assist us.

Every individual has their own story, and I got the privilege to know some of them. I will take this moment to recognise their actions. Due to their respective support, I could complete this spiritual trip successfully with satisfaction. A Special thank you to my friend. Thank you, everyone, who directly or indirectly supported during this trip.

May Lord Buddha give them whatever they want in their life. I am Praying for their peaceful life. I shall recommend visiting Gaya and Varanasi to know the fact that life is beautiful.

I am praying to Maa Ganga and Lord Buddha for a peaceful, satisfying, and happy life for all of us. May we be able to give respect to every soul and will promote humanity to make this world better for everyone irrespective of difference (in any form or any manner).

They all were there for promoting peace and humanity and I hope every soul will do the same to contribute towards making a better world.

More from RAAZ DHEERAJ SHARMA✍️

By Room to Read

By Shreya

By Mrittunjoy Guha Majumdar