Maria Sharapova Says Goodbye To Tennis

There genuinely comes a time in our lives when retirement becomes a logical option, as one can’t wait much to make the right judgement. Understanding the nuclei of her big difficulty in playing a match-winning game against the world’s best tennis players, Maria Sharapova chose to stop.

Her performance on the tennis court ceased to get better, and it was becoming quite tough for her to win a game at the age of 32 years. Many times she had faced disappointment and this made her finally decide to retire from playing the tennis. In my opinion, this is the main reason behind her permanent leave from the playing arena.

She had definitely achieved the graceful dignity of a superb tennis player at the young of 16 years in the year 2004. A good play brings fame in every sport, whether it be football, basketball, cricket or tennis. Some players are, as a general rule, deemed to be the best in their particular game, but several fail to get that kind of global fame.

“I’m new to this, so please forgive me. Tennis—I am saying goodbye,” said Sharapova in her retirement speech.

However, Maria Sharapova belongs to a particular category. After joining the WTA Tour in the year 2001 as a youngster, she has stayed successfully over the course of her long tennis career. She won as many as 36 Singles Titles, including five personal Grand Slams in various tennis events. Her retirement remarks were: “I’m new to this, so please forgive me. Tennis—I am saying goodbye.”

Having been associated with the game of tennis for 28 long years, she now probably plans to spend her time pursuing interests she deems suitable for a retired player. She, of course, held not the top two positions, but remained in the third place in the all-time earnings list of the tennis players.