#MyPeriodStory: I Saw That My Pants Were Red!

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #MyPeriodStory writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning Amazon vouchers worth ₹2,500! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

I was in 6th grade attending my school as usual. All the students were asked to assemble in the hall for an announcement. Before going to the assembly me and my friends went to the bathroom just to find out something shocking. I saw that my pants were red! I was very scared and shocked at the same time. I didn’t knew what to do.

Although my mom had told me about menstruation earlier but going through it for the first time was a complete different experience. I informed my friends about it but they remained silent..even they did not knew what to do next.I went home and was all alone as both my parents are working.

I remained confused and silent for the whole day.Kept thinking over it again and again.When finally my mom came home in the evening I rushed to tell her and she helped me with a sanitary napkin.Memstruation is a biological process.Its high time now that people should understand nothing is impure about it.I am glad that I can discuss about menstruation with not only my mom but also my dad.