COVID-19: Perhaps, It Is Time We Revert To Greeting Each Other With A Namaste?

Corona, the deadly virus which has reeled people under its effect from all over the world recently, has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation. It has been about two months this life-threatening virus Novel COVID-19 (name given by WHO) has spread out its wings in many countries Italy, Iran, Japan, South Korea, USA, Belgium, Canada to name a few.

More than 4500  deaths has been confirmed till now with most of deaths in China, with Italy being its new epicentre.

COVID-19 has affected markets and trade tremendously, important meetings at the global level and even cricket matches. Most awaited by cricket fans, the IPL has also been postponed. Coronavirus’ effects can be seen in Nifty and Sensex which has dropped down drastically.

As we are already witnessing the disastrous effects of COVID-19, it is high time to act on it. Let us not click the panic button by spreading lies and fake comments, as it is era of social media where just one click can spread rumours

The mortality rate is very low, to be exact a meagre 3.4%. More aged people with disturbed blood sugar level, asthma and other conditions, however, are more prone. But still, their deadly effect can be prevented by keeping some points in mind.

To begin with:

• It is advisable to regularly clean hands with mild soap every hour.
  • Avoiding mass gatherings is another good option.
  • Completely cooked food should be consumed.
  • Maintain some distance from those who are suffering from cold and cough.

It is the duty of each and every individual to rigorously follow hygiene tips and not panic about this. This deadly virus has also entered India and more than 80 people have been tested positive for the virus. And sadly, two deaths have also been reported.

The government of India is spreading awareness by various means.  Mobile caller tunes have been set that elaborate how to prevent Coronavirus. Twitter is already trending with Corona. Besides this, isolation centres have been created in some states. IPL matches if held, will be without spectators in the stadium. Airport screening is also thoroughly being done.

Although no vaccine or antidote has been prepared till now, anywhere in the world, but still, a person reeling with Corona can be saved by putting them in isolation and continuous care by doctors. It is not so that a person infected with COVID-19 will surely die; as already mentioned above, the mortality rate is below 4%.

To quote data from Worldometer, more than 1,35,000 cases of corona virus have been reported, out of which 5116 deaths have been reported and more than 70,000 people have recovered all over the world.

There is widespread panic about this, but what is important is to stay calm and just follow simple hygiene tips mentioned above.

So let us remember our old Indian tradition of greeting someone with a namaste and defeat this life-threatening virus.

Featured image for representative purpose only.