Opinion: Delhi Violence Echoes Inside The Dome of Democracy”

It would not necessarily be accurate to continue a similar scene that has been going on in the streets of northeast Delhi, inside the dome of the democracy that is India. Its trauma has still not erased from people’s psyche. Our great politicians seem to have little compassion over the actual violent spectacles as they once again re-enacted a similar phenomenon within the well of the House. They appeared to have given up their moral insight in an attempt to halt fairness.

Nevertheless, they have not bothered to slash possible unfavourable consequences despite the loss of lives in double-digit figures and huge properties due to extensive violence in Delhi. Every political party now claims of strict punishment to the guilty, but wordy sentences are not proving to be useful during such a critical time. No accountability was shown by touring the affected areas, though the AAP raises the demand for JPC to discuss the fuss.

DelhiViolence2020
NEW DELHI, INDIA – FEBRUARY 24: Protesters hurl stones at Police personnel during violent clashes between anti and pro CAA demonstrations, at Jaffarabad, near Maujpur on February 24, 2020 in New Delhi, India. A Delhi Police cop and three civilians have died, a DCP-rank officer injured, a petrol pump torched, a number of houses, cars and shops burnt after clashes between pro and anti-CAA protesters in Maujpur and Jafarabad areas of North East Delhi. (Photo by Raj K Raj/Hindustan Times)

As many as 47 deaths have occurred so far. Are these not enough to depict the violent mayhem as sad, bad and fad inclination? Today’s uncertain fiery situations are causing everlasting hegemony over the aggrieved. The respective political parties have been constantly nursing emotional break to find balance. These might be thinking something to give solace within the end of the days or weeks or months. Unity and togetherness do not appear to be surviving in this great country as of now.

“It is assumed that Shakespeare is studied in the schools to give students a taste for reading, but the opposite effect is generally achieved. Compulsory Shakespeare gives a student about as much love for literature as compulsory chapel gives them a reverence for religion,” recounted New York Tribune, on January 2, 1920.

“Indian society has been fast-moving from the socialist-left-liberal model to the right-wing supra nationality posing a new dilemma to Indian citizenry. Should one live with a larger pan India identity or assert their identity which is religious.” writes News18.com.