Let This Holi Not Become An Excuse For Eve-Teasing

Holi is a colourful festival that embarks us on the path of enlightenment by discarding all our negative attributes, while accepting colour as a revolutionary change in our life. In this festival, we add bright hues as a part of our life by renouncing darkness from all corners of our life.

“Holi marks the triumph of good over evil. Unfortunately, a few miscreants have perceived Holi as an excuse for eve-teasing.” Image is representative.

Indian mythology suggests that there was a witch named Holika, who was endowed with the boon of remaining unburnt in the flames of fire. Prahalad, the special, God-gifted kid who’d sat on her lap in a burning pyre, remained alive only by chanting God’s name. To everyone’s surprise, Holika died ablaze.

So, this festival marks the triumph of good over evil. On Holi, we forget about our cast and creed by mingling our hearts with each other. Unfortunately, a few miscreants have perceived Holi as an excuse for eve-teasing. They target innocent people in the mask of colours. In the guise of hues, they also easily escape by looting the colours of someone’s life by giving them evil stains of dark colours for lifetime.

A forever monster chases the victim by creating a never-ending vicious circle of stigma and mental turmoil. So, let’s pledge from now on to make Holi an addition of glowing shades in someone’s life by discarding all our negativities. We should allow our conscience to create colourful memories in everyone’s hearts. This will be the true celebration of Holi.

CONTEST ALERT!

Have a period experience that really stood out for you? Share your story in 150 words or more and get featured on our homepage!

Participate now!