Combating Coronavirus: What Can We Do To Move From Fear To Self-Control?

In a major worldwide outbreak of novel COVID-19 virus🦠, we have been witnessing a sea of changes within the social circles ⭕️. The threat of the ‘unknown enemy’ is, day-by-day, increasing at an alarming rate. “A known enemy is better than an unknown friend.” So, as a strange foe, Coronavirus has been taking thousands of lives within a few months.

Photo by Amarjeet Kumar Singh/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images.

Day-by-day, the manifold increase of the ones affected by COVID-19 has tripled. There are more than 2,10,000 cases in 170 countries, and more than 9,000 people have lost their lives due to this dreadful outbreak. More and more people are fighting for their lives in hospitals. The number of deaths and affected persons are likely to increase even more than before. The severity and gravity of the situation have been characterised as a worldwide pandemic.

The unnecessary suffering due to the threat posed by the virus is indescribable and unimaginable. Such a vicious cycle of the disease has not probably been ever imagined by anyone earlier. The uncontrollable spreading of the disease has been extremely aggressive and devastating. Europe is believed to be an epicentre of the disease.

Whatever wrongs have been already committed can not be changed overnight but, we can prevent, detect, treat, and report the cases in the best possible way to prevent the epidemic further.

Enough mobilisation, self-quarantine, social distancing, tracing and testing the affected cases, can prevent the epidemic from further transmitting in a huge way.

Slight carelessness will take a drastic toll on the severity of the situation, as it accelerated in other developed countries. China is believed to be one of the most affected countries.

AMRITSAR, INDIA – MARCH 16: Nursing students wearing protective face masks as precaution against coronavirus, at Guru Nanak Dev hospital on March 16,2020 in Amritsar, India. (Photo by Sameer Sehgal/Hindustan Times via Getty Images)

The pandemic should be treated as a health crisis that has crossed over to all the sections of our society, no matter rich or poor. So, prevention is better than cure. Through mass awareness, we can curb the social epidemic. Let’s be alert. Let’s pledge to protect ourselves from the spreading of such a menace in society.

Reducing transmission, avoiding mass gatherings, enough sanitation and cleanliness should be implemented like a weapon against the disease. Through television, social media networking, we can create an awareness drive to discard the possibility of infection.

Open communication towards goal-driven action can be accomplished against the widespread of the current global crises. Tracing and isolating, with a proper medical test, will help to reduce the severity. Health workers are the major agents who play a key role in detecting and treating the affected patients with much patience and care. Strong political intensity will influence society with a marked change in the behaviour and perception of the people.

The best and simplest protection against Coronavirus: washing hands.

This article was first published here.

More News On Coronavirus

Here’s How We Can Fight Against Covid-19: A Precautionary Guide

Viruses Don’t Discriminate: Are India’s Covid-19 Measures Disabled-Friendly?

Plans To Rope In Private Labs For COVID-19 Testing, Says Govt Body ICMR

My Experience At Mumbai’s Only Hospital Offering The Covid-19 Test

Quick Byte: #CoronaStopKarona By Following These Precautionary Measures