“It’s Time To Unite Against Delhi’s Hooliganism”

The meaning of good governance is minimum governance, but day to day, we keep seeing failure in the governance. The ongoing violence in Delhi affects each and every person in India. The time has come when people are afraid of going to Delhi. As I can remember, after the Nirbhaya case, people had started thinking of Delhi as a bad place where they are not safe.

It is really bad for our country as, when a guest had come to visit India, Delhi had been burning. After Kashmir, Assam, JNU, Jamia, AMU and Uttar Pradesh, now Delhi is burning continuously. The land of non-violence is following the path of violence. It is very shameful for India, as the culprits are moving here and there. They should get punished. There are a number of complaints being reported against the police’s actions during the violence. In such a situation, I have a question for all citizens of India: Are we really Indian?

India is the land of non-violence. It is the land of Gandhi, Phule and Ambedkar. It is the land of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam. It is our duty to maintain its dignity. But unfortunately, because of the language that our political leaders use, the whole Indian society gets affected. Hence, leaders should control their language for the betterment of society. There is a question that always comes to our mind, that if our Capital is not safe, what will happen to other places?

“There is a question that always comes to our mind, that if our Capital is not safe, what will happen to our other places?”

It is very bad for our India because we are listening, watching and facing cases of stone pelting from Kashmir to Delhi. There is a need to think seriously: why do people have so much anger? What are the causes behind these kind of incidents in our life? Why are people bothered by dangai (hooligans)? Who are the people who are trying to destroy Indians between Muslims and Hindus? One who believes in humanity, follows the path of non-violence.

There are also people who have been saving other people during the ongoing Delhi violence, and going beyond their religion. I salute these people because they set an example that humanity still exists. There are some cases where the police didn’t perform their duty. But, on the other hand, very few people did perform their duty and got injured in the violence.

Narratives by local people present that some people want to mention these riots as communal, but these happened because of other culprits or dangai. The role of the media and police should not be biased. In fact, this kind of violence is not only a matter of Hindu-Muslim but that of humanity. Sometimes, people help each other by risking their own lives, but sometimes, some bad people kill others and destroy people’s homes, mandir, masjid… Everyone knows that when people become culprits, they reject anybody, kill anybody.

There is a bigger need of unit in the name of humanity. It is time to think why people have to become stone pelters. Fifteen European cities, including Brussels, Geneva, Helsinki, Krakiw, The Hague, Stockholm, Dublin, Paris, Berlin London, expressed solidarity with the victims and survivors of Delhi violence. Can we think about women, children, old people and patients in Delhi? Due to such type of violence and governance failure, these people have to suffer the most. It is time to unite against these hooligans and maintain peace in our India. I’ll repeat here that there is no greater power than the power of love, non-violence and peace…