Why Won’t President Trump Stop Calling Covid-19 ‘Chinese Virus’?

Now, after the death tally of coronavirus cases reaches almost 9000, the two giants in the world are fighting for unnecessary reasons. It is nearly three months of fatal coronavirus unfolding havoc on the human body. The present situation instantly suggests that the US and China are indulging in a war of words over which country remains factually accountable for spreading the deadly pandemic. Both the countries are reportedly blaming each other for its explicit discomfiture in establishing strong grounds for an accusation to each other.

Quite amazingly, when the whole world is sad, mad and agonized owing to a large number of people coming into the spate of a novel pandemic, the mighty nations have daggers drawn over the onus of spreading the virus. It seems America and China are not ready to settle its scores even at a time of catastrophe. Are they not concerned about the global recession threat as the scare hits international stock markets?

First, American President Donald Trump used the term “foreign virus” for coronavirus, but his recent term “Chinese virus” irked China so much that it has eventually tensed China. This has even prompted China to object in the strongest words. Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said, “We are very angry and oppose it. The US should redress its mistake and stop baseless attacks against China.”

US Secretary Mike Pompeo flayed China’s efforts to shift blame for the coronavirus to the US. Further, he stressed that this was not the time to spread disinformation and outlandish rumours, but rather a time for all nations to unite in a fight against this common threat. In a telephonic talk, the Chinese diplomat Yang Jiechi told Pompeo that any plan to smear China will be doomed to fail and any move to harm the interests of China would be countered resolutely.

Kansas-based ‘The Alma Enterprise’ wrote: “Astronomers tell us they have discovered a new universe. That’s fine, let us scrap this one, move across and start over again.”

Does this statement not correspond to the present situation?

More News On Coronavirus

Here’s How We Can Fight Against Covid-19: A Precautionary Guide

Viruses Don’t Discriminate: Are India’s Covid-19 Measures Disabled-Friendly?

Plans To Rope In Private Labs For COVID-19 Testing, Says Govt Body ICMR

My Experience At Mumbai’s Only Hospital Offering The Covid-19 Test

Sign this petition to demand expanding of screening beyond government hospitals, to pre-empt the disease from becoming an epidemic.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues, it is our duty to keep ourselves informed, take care of our own health, and wash our hands! Some simple measures that we must follow include social distancing, covering our mouth when coughing and sneezing, washing one's hands regularly, and avoid crowded places, and self-quarantine! The helpline provided by the government is +91-11-23978046. Here are some resources that the WHO and the Health Ministry have created. Remember, prevention, and not panic, will see us through this!