Will The 2020 US General Election Have An Impact On Global Politics?

The outcome of the US general election will have an impact around the world.

We’re witnessing a shift in global socio-political scenarios. A few years ago, we experienced a right-winged conservative politics rising. Brexit in Britain, Gulf countries are limiting immigrants jobs, Rohingya Muslim crisis, the rise of populist conservative leaders like Trump and Modi. After those incidents, we witnessed the rise of the left in some major political stages, even though it didn’t rise to any notable power at any level.

India is still experiencing conservative majoritarian politics for now; globally, things are shifting towards more centralist views. I hate to categorise politics on Socialism vs Capitalism views. Global politics is becoming too complicated to be contained within these terms.

Well, the global socio-political situation is complicated, but a few international scenarios will set the bar for the rest of the world. In my opinion, the US Presidential Election is going to be one of those. Upcoming world election will really define whether the world is still going towards conservative goals or not. Scotland’s stance on Brexit shows just how complicated these socio-political scenarios will get.

2020 US election Presidential candidates Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden

So now, the sudden rise of Joe Biden and paused stance of Bernie Sanders is showing the vulnerability of dividing politics on 100 years old right and left views. Bernie Sanders’s left-leaning ideals are struggling to cope up with his left-leaning economic policies. Maybe that’s giving Joe Biden the edge he needed.

His liberal and centralist views are proving to be widely acceptable. But let’s beware of the fact that it was the failure of liberal politics that we saw such an extreme shift toward conservative views. Still, a certain large percentage are extremely conservative, and they’re not budging on their views.

Therefore, this time, too, immigrants are playing a huge role in presidential elections, for good and bad. And the US policies on immigrants will have its ripple effect across the globe.

Expecting that Indian politics will change or get effected by the US election is stupid, but it’ll surely have a slight effect on the youths of this nation.