“We Are In This Together, We Don’t Leave Anyone Behind”: Singapore’s PM On Covid-19

During this time of pandemic when the whole world is seeing an outbreak, various world leaders are asking their countrymen to take preventive measures. Similarly, Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong addressed Singaporeans. His words came out to be meaningful as compared to other leaders.

Watch how Singapore's PM Lee Hsien Loong addressed Singaporeans on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore.This is one of the best statements I’ve heard from a world leader regarding the management of #COVID19

Posted by Dhruv Rathee on Friday, March 13, 2020

Dividing the effect of Covid-19 into three parts, i.e., medical, economic, and psychological, he requested people to avoid any kind of religious or social gathering. He stated that most of the cases in Singapore occurred after a Church gathering.

Talking about the economic aspects, the PM assured Singaporeans that the government is planning everything for the future. There can be school shutdowns but life must go on. Since they have successfully controlled the situation in their country, there is no need to close the offices completely. They have planned to reduce the working hours.

If the cases rise, immediate medical care will be given to serious cases. He advised people to maintain complete personal hygiene and avoid all kinds of gatherings. He concluded his speech by asserting that “We are in this together.

Even the WHO has applauded Singapore for controlling the situation effectively. A time when there is so much unrest, such wise and practically meaningful words from the country’s leader gives hope to the people.