Opinion: Responsibility In The Aftermath Of Violence In Delhi

We are living in a hard time when the world around us is turning upside and down. Our ambitious feelings, for the country to prosper, has not been happening, individually or with the combined societal power on a large scale. Why? I have no answer to this particular question. Maybe, if you can better give your opinions, I would be eager to know and hear from you all.

New Delhi, Feb 24 (ANI): Protestors throw brick-bats during clashes between ani-CAA protestors and the Supporters group of the Citizenship act, at Jafrabad in North-East Delhi on Monday. (ANI Photo)

When I talk about the central government’s position in the Delhi violence-affected zones, they have been strongly condemned for not taking a substantial step ahead to control the outbreak of rampage between people.

I believe that just criticising the governments never brought a sense of relief and hope to the victims of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, 2002 in Godhra, and this Delhi violence in 2020. It is really important to point out each one of us, to our responsibilities, where we were when this volcanic eruption of anger and hate was widely promoted by a few corrupt media channels and barbaric politicians.

The combination of these two forces is deteriorating the developed and trusted institutions of our nation. I don’t think there has been any bill seeking restrictions that has been passed, so far, in the Indian parliament against the media and politicians, so as to limit their ability to make outrageous comments publicly, and against showcasing repeatedly broadcasted toxic debates.

I feel that the moment a raging fire spreads by some internal force, it becomes the hardest thing, noting from the perspective of a human, to act against it. But, at least one must acknowledge it. Therefore, in this situation, one needs to have the wisdom and a determined heart to break the barriers.

Featured image credit: Getty Images