“This Women’s Day, It’s Time For Men To Start Respecting Women”

All men are not of the army, but all women are. A woman can move hell to make a heaven for her children. The origin of a child is the mother, and she is a woman. The same women who can show the path of life to this whole entire world. For me, she is #Hope.

But but but… In the same world, there are uncountable cases of sexual harassment, rape and domestic violence. It’s the same men who, after passing a lewd remark at a woman come home to their wives, mother and sisters as if nothing happened.

People judge girls on the basis of their dressing style, drinking and smoking habits and their partners. If she has more than one partner, she is called a slut in the society, and many more words that you all are familiar with.

Is this a way to respect our origin?

It is the mentality of people that needs to change. Agreed, it’s not an overnight task. It will take years to break free from the chains of these cultural, social, and political stigmas. We need to get rid of the menatlity that Ladke toh ladke hi hote hain. Galtiyan ho jati hain. (Boys will be boys. Sometimes, they make mistakes.)

Just because a girl is working late in the night or staying alone, or hanging out with male friends, or is sexually active, or drinks or smokes, doesn’t justify her being judged, molested or raped.

At first, she is SHE, a woman, a human. Don’t use judgement regarding ‘संस्कारों ki kami hai… (she is not cultured).

It’s not just women who are supposed to have moral values and know their limitations. Instead, men should also be taught to respect women and treat them as human beings and not as ‘objects’. Obviously, they need to know that almost half of the population is ‘not a toy’.

This women’s day, I wish you become a better version of yourself.

Happy Women’s Day Hope. 💕

Featured image only for representation.