Quick Byte: This Is How We Can Help Feed Stray Animals During The Lockdown

The COVID-19 outbreak has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation. Like many other countries, India is facing a unprecedented crisis due to the Coronavirus outbreak. The government has locked down the entire nation for 21 days from 25th March till 14th April 2020, including government offices, and have mandated work from home. The purpose of such lockdown measures is to prevent the spread of COVID-19 epidemic by ensuring social distancing.

But the street animals are left on whose mercy?

A humble request to all, kindly make two extra rotis or bread daily in your home for street dogs, cows and other stray animals who do not have any means of feeding themselves, since all restaurants, dhabas and food carts are now closed dues to the lockdown.

Stray animals survive on left-over food, and they will starve to death in case of a prolonged lockdown.

You can either help feed them yourselves, or hand over rotis or bread to your society or apartment staff, and have it kept outside for animals.

Please help stray animals.