This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Ishan Arora. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

This NGO Has Transformed The Lives Of 10 Million Impoverished Children: Know More, Reach Out!

More from Ishan Arora

Child abuse can be defined as the act of inflicting any form of injury, abuse, or violence on a child. Unfortunately, child abuse especially girl child abuse occurs frequently throughout the country. India is one of the unsafest countries in the world for women. Children are vulnerable to all forms of abuse. Therefore, there is a need to protect all children from child abuse. Abuse towards the child can be physical, mental, psychological, or emotional. Children face this in both rural and urban areas. This abuse can occur at home, at school, on the streets, etc.

NGOs like Save the Children work dedicatedly to protect children from all kinds of harm. It partners with various civic bodies to engage with multiple communities, and educate them on the dangers of child abuse. The effects of child abuse are extremely traumatic and can cause a great deal of mental trauma on the child abuse survivor. The impact of child abuse is immensely painful, and therefore there is a need to protect all children from it. Organizations like Save the Children work tirelessly to put an end to child abuse in society. They do their best to rescue and rehabilitate the survivors of child abuse. This organization educates parents, teachers, as well as children on the issue of child abuse. There is an emphasis on the prevention of child abuse in India.

The Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act of 2012 is one of India’s essential laws passed against child abuse. The Government of India seeks to protect all children from the distress which stems from child abuse. Due to the prevalence of social evils like child marriage, child labour, female foeticide, female infanticide, dowry, poverty, illiteracy, etc., a child in India often encounters abuse.

Abuse in the case of a girl child can cause significant physical and mental trauma in girls, this is why there is a great need to formulate and implement child protection policies in India. Child protection policies refer to any measures put into place to protect all children from any real or perceived danger. These child protection policies help put an end to child abuse by reducing the extent of their vulnerability in harmful situations. All child protection policies seek to reduce the vulnerability of children. Consider donating to NGOs like Save the Children to support them in their endeavours of protecting and promoting the interests of all children.

Thanks to the financial support of its generous donors, institutional supporters, and corporate sponsors, Save the Children can execute its social outreach programmes. All children, irrespective of their age, religion, caste, creed, and gender, deserve to have their child’s rights respected.

Donate online to Save the Children and make a difference in the lives of thousands of underprivileged children. Since 2008, this NGO has transformed the lives of over 10 million impoverished children. Save the Children runs its social welfare organizations in around 80 countries globally, and across 19 states in India. It focuses on providing disadvantaged and marginalized children with the proper education, healthcare, and nutrition they need to lead better rives.

Save the Children firmly believes that every child should experience a happy, safe, and secure childhood. That is why it works dedicatedly to protect the rights of children. This NGO seeks to end child abuse throughout the world. Our safety is something we take for granted, yet sadly, millions of girls across India face child abuse, danger, and exploitation every day. All children must be protected since they can easily fall prey to child sexual abuse, child trafficking, child labour, child soldiering, etc.

Save the Children also runs rescue and rehabilitation programmes for children as a part of their disaster management outreach programmes.

If you are a survivor, parent or guardian who wants to seek help for child sexual abuse, or know someone who might, you can dial 1098 for CHILDLINE (a 24-hour national helpline) or email them at dial1098@childlineindia.org.in. You can also call NGO Arpan on their helpline 091-98190-86444, for counselling support.

More from Ishan Arora

By Namrata Priyadarshini

By Prerana