This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Simran Pavecha. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Covid-19: A List Of All Resources And Crowdfunding Campaigns

More from Simran Pavecha

Coronavirus (also, COVID-19) has wreaked havoc on our lives, health and economy, globally. Click here to track confirmed COVID-19 cases in India.

COVID19 MICROSCOPIC IMAGE

With India having reported over 1200 cases so far with 32 deaths, the implications have been extreme. Different state governments, through the help of various schemes, measures and funds, are trying to mitigate the risks and cater to the needs of the citizens. But, as is always the case, the poor are bearing the brunt of this downfall. With being stranded in cities and states farther from their homes, some of these labourers are mass migrating by walking hundreds of kilometres to reach their homes and villages.

@PRSLegislative has compiled a document that collates & curates, orders/guidelines/press releases issued by both centre & states as a response to COVID-19. Currently, we have a total of 800 such orders affecting citizens, businesses and government services. The document can be found here.

In such times, there’s a lot of relief work that’s being undertaken by our fellow citizens, non-governmental organisations and personal efforts: right from providing food, residence to catering to mental health.

We’ve curated a list which is an exhaustive source for all donations, relief measures and counselling that’s available to combat Covid-19.  To begin with, here is a map of all COVID relief measures.

For Donations And Ongoing Campaigns

1. Sattva Consultancy has come up with a list that tracks all developments in India and globally. The list contains all details and verified information under different compartments of resources and funds that are available and needed under further various categories of e-learning, counselling, crowdfunding, employment, government schemes, healthcare, philanthropy and volunteering. It can be found here.
  2. This list curated by Dolly Singh contains details about donations. It can be found here.
  3. This is a city-wise list of all ongoing campaigns for Covid-19. It also contains a detailed mention of all crowdsourcing portals and government schemes that we can donate to. It can be found here.

For Ongoing Relief Work

1. This list chalks out details of beneficiaries, the kind of support being provided and the states they’re being provided in. It has details about different sections of people being catered to, like workers from the unorganised sector, urban poor, sex workers, wastepickers, pavement dwellers and homeless etc.
  2. This list contains details of all the measures incorporated by several states for relief operations. It can be found here.
  3. Another list contains details and contacts of various donation drives and the groundwork being done in various cities. It can be found here.

For Daily Wage Labourers, Sex Workers And Victims Of Delhi Violence

OurDemocracy, in collaboration with other NGOs, is crowdfunding relief campaigns to help our specific and minority communities. Details are mentioned below.

1. Stranded daily wage workers: It can be found here.
  2. Sex workers and trans people: It can be found here.
  3. Victims of the recent North-East Delhi violence: It can be found here.
  4. Daily wage labourers in different cities: It can be found here(Chandigarh/Tricity), here(Hyderabad), here(Kolkata), here(Gurgaon) and here(Pune).

For Mental Health Awareness: How To Combat A Worsening Mental Health

1. Mental health and psychosocial considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak: World Health Organisation has developed a comprehensive series of messages that can be used in communications to support mental and psychosocial well-being in different target groups during the outbreak. Target groups include frontline workers, managers in health facilities, older adults and people with underlying health conditions, people in isolation, and the general population. It can be found here.
  2. When COVID-19 meets Pandemic Hope: Existential care of and in the Impossible: This article talks about how when stress and anxiety engulf your loved ones, offering hope which means “don’t worry, we’re in this together” is a better approach than “look at the bright side of life”. The article sheds light on other pertinent mental health issues. It can be found here.
  3. Coronavirus and Mental Health: Supporting Someone During Covid-19: This article stresses the importance to reach out and check in on your loved ones during this pandemic. It can be found here.
  4. How teenagers can protect their mental health during coronavirus (COVID-19): This piece enlists strategies for teenagers who are facing a new (temporary) normal. It can be found here.
  5. Being Mindful of Your Mental Health During the COVID-19 Outbreak: In this article, the National Association of School Psychologists offers tips on how to talk to kids about the pandemic. It can be found here. More such articles on the importance of staying connected, showing compassion and following a ‘calm’ approach can be found here and here.

For Mental Health Awareness: Resources

In the wake of Covid-19, there are a lot of organisations and collectives that are offering mental health services virtually to deal with stress, anxiety and other mental health issues you might be facing. If you want to know of any mental health professionals who are volunteering and providing mental health services, iCall is compiling a list. Please fill the details here.

View this post on Instagram

In the live session yesterday with @mentalhealthtalksindia, many of you had questions and queries about how to address mental health concerns during our current lockdown situation. Here are some of the resources we mentioned. 💜 • I have tried to include organisations, helplines, support groups, apps and workshops. • This is not an exhaustive list, by all means. I’d love for you all to share this post and mention any other professionals or organisations who are providing online support of any kind! Please tag them or give their details in the comments below (with consent of course!). • Let’s help each other build a community of care and increase accessibility to resources! ✨ • #therapist #therapy #therapyinindia #mentalhealth #mentalhealthawareness #mentalhealthindia #onlinetherapy #onlinesupport #psychologist #therapistsofinstagram #signsofhealing #boundaries #crisissupport #psychology #healing #anxietyhelp #anxietyrelief #stress #stressrelief #panicattack #anxietyadvice #tobevulnerablyhonest #ptsd #depression #cptsd #trauma #shame #anxiety #feelyourfeelings #emotionskills

A post shared by Bhavya Kulshreshtha (@adeclarationofsentiment) on

View this post on Instagram

These are difficult times. The kind that we have never seen before. It can be stressful and it is natural to feel anxious about the current situation. At times like these, it helps to talk to someone, especially to trained counsellors who can help you. Arpan, an organisation that I support, has launched a free Online Counselling Support programme. You can get in touch with their counsellors in the following ways: 1. *Chat-based counselling* support via direct messaging on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & through a live chat function on https://www.arpanelearn.com/ *Monday to Friday 9 AM to 5 PM and Saturdays & Sundays 9 AM to 1 PM* 2. *Phone-based counselling* support on their helpline number *+91 98190 86444* *Monday to Friday 9 AM to 5 PM and Saturdays & Sundays 9 AM to 1 PM* 3. *Join their WhatsApp groups* to get easy access to parenting and mental healthcare based resources in English, Hindi and Marathi: *https://www.arpan.org.in/whatsapp-groups/* Reach out for help if you need it. Let's extend social solidarity during physical distancing. #CovidSupport

A post shared by Vidya Balan (@balanvidya) on

For Domestic Abuses: Resources

View this post on Instagram

Please call us if you want to talk!

A post shared by Nazariya: QFRG (@nazariya.qfrg) on

View this post on Instagram

Thinking of all the people who are isolated in homes that aren’t safe. Thinking of al the people trapped with abusive individuals. Thinking of all the people praying for these lockdowns to end so that they can find relief and escape once more. I hope this helps. Please share widely, and reach out and check in on those whom you know may be struggling due to being in unsafe environments during quarantine. • Stay safe everyone. 💜 • #therapy #mentalhealthawareness #mentalhealthindia #abuse #abuseawareness #abusiverelationship #abusivefamily #narcissisticabuse #boundaries #toxicrelationships #toxicfamily #abuseduringcovid19 #safetytips #trauma #traumainformed #traumainformedcare #shame #traumarecovery #violence #domesticviolence #intimatepartnerviolence #childabuse #partnerabuse #lettinggo #healing #selfcare #selfhealers #survivor #survivorsofabuse #ptsd

The UP government has come up with a solution to tackle domestic violence by providing a helpline separately to report abuse and seek help.

More from Simran Pavecha

By Abhinandan Kaul

By Rafia khan

By Simran Pavecha