This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Ambalika Dwivedi. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Lockdown Is No Big Deal!

We are all stuck in the lockdown for ten days, and all we do across platforms is appealing to people to stay indoors and support the cause of reducing the spread of the coronavirus.

Well, do you really think it is a big deal to us Indians and humanity as a whole? Okay okay! I do get the point of not being able to step outside, meet all the dear ones you almost get to see daily, and groceries are a big issue to count, you are craving your favourite plate of momos and also kulhad ki chai. I absolutely understand, in fact, all of us at one corner of our heart do miss so much of the normal schedule.

But may I have the pleasure of asking you, whether is it so difficult to keep peace and stay indoors, spend the valuable with the family you hardly sit and share thoughts with except on weekends (if at all)? Is it so difficult to make an effort of learning a new art or maybe just learning to hold a broomstick properly and clean your house? Is it so difficult to utilize this time in catching up with all your close friends who you missed on, because of something or the other that occupied your head every now and then?

Trust me, this time can be utilized in every possible way you might think or not. Sleep as much as you can but do something every day that adds value and helps you to get a good sleep altogether. This little poem is just dedicated to all the beautiful creatures who get to breathe the fresh air because we are not on roads occupying it and increasing the pollution, adding numbers to the air quality index.

Happy quarantine everybody!

More from Ambalika Dwivedi

By Abhimanyu Mishra

By Md Ghalib Hussain

By World Animal Protection