This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Bindushar Singh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

OLD INDIA, GOLD INDIA.

When first time Nagendra hear about corona virus in January, he feels very happy and thought now Corona virus will destroy “enemy country China” and now no one can stop India to become Viswa Guru.

At that time Nagendra was busy in organizing Pro CAA rally and it doesn’t come in his mind that soon corona will also create havoc in India. He was very happy thinking that China’s game is over.

Nagendra’s neighbour Sophia story was no different. She also feels very happy when first heard about Corona and thought God had sent Corona to teach lesson to Nagendra and his ruling team for passing discriminatory CAA bill.

When Sophia reached her colony intersection that day after attending anti CAA rally, she saw Nagendra is coming from opposite side of road.

When Nagendra and Sofia saw each other at the colony intersection than all their happiness has gone and their eyes filled with anger and hatred for each other.

Still, there is little bit rule and law left in country otherwise only God knows what they will do with each other.

Ignoring Nagendra, Sophia went towards her home. But even after reaching home, she was thinking about the last 5 months wrangling and fighting with Nagendra and his team.

As she was thinking about all those things than suddenly her pleasant childhood memories stuck in her mind when Nagendra was studying with her in the same school.

Those lovely days of school when Sophia and Nagendra were not filled with anger and hatred after seeing each other. they used to be good friends at those days. They used to go to school together and come back together.  

When Sophia and Nagendra returned from school on those days, they never forget to stop and watch TV at the grocery shop located on their colony intersection. Then Television was new in India and there was no other channel except Budhu-Box Doordarshan.

Today Sophia felt that those Doordarshan days were better. Chitrahar in morning, Rangoli in evening and only one hour of news!

And then worst happened, even worse than Corona Pandemic and hundred new TV channels comes in market A TV, B TV, C TV, H TV, M TV and Z TV….

Now no one watch Budhu box Doordarshan. Everyone has their own favourite channel like Sofia favourite is H TV and Nagendra favourite is M TV.

Nagendra filled with joy and pride when “patriotic” journalist of M TV scold and abuse “Traitor Gang of Sophia” in his program and Sophia filled with joy when “hypocrite” journalist of H TV expose and mock “Extremist gang of Nagendra”.

Sophia slept while thinking all this. Tomorrow she has lots of work to do. She has to make new posters for anti CAA rally and to organize meeting for anti CAA rally and most important she has to watch her favourite H TV channel and make anti CAA comments on social media sites.

When Sophia woke up next day, neither Doordarshan nor school days were in her mind.

Only things in her mind was CAA protest and like any other day she woke up vowing to defeat Nagendra and his team everywhere: in Facebook, in Twitter and in colony.

Ever since Nagendra and his team won colony election, H TV had become Sophia biggest partner in her crusade against Nagendra’s ruling team.

Next day at colony intersection, Sophia saw Nagendra was going with his friend in bullet carrying Pro CAA Posters and banners. Nagendra was in hurry to reach venue of Pro CAA rally soon.

Now China and Corona had descended from Nagendra’s mind. Nagendra also understands that defeating internal enemy is more important than defeating external enemy as internal enemy are eating country like a termite.

Nagendra was very angry with Sophia and her gang for creating chaos and anarchy in colony and this time he decided to completely silent Sofia and her crying gang by organizing 10 times bigger rally than her team last rally.

Sophia and Nagendra were busy fighting each other and they did not know when insidious and vicious Corona sneaks into their colony.

Nagendra and Sophia’s initial happiness over Corona proved to be momentary. Contrary to Nagendra’s thinking, now Corona was spreading in India more than China, and unlike Sophia’s thinking, Corona was targeting her team members more than Nagendra team members.

But still both of them were busy fighting and abusing each other and their favourite journalists of M TV and H TV were busy creating more hatred and enmity between them.

Nagendra was happy to see in M TV program, how Corona virus is affecting more people of Sophia gang and Sophia was happy to see in H TV program, how Nagendra’s ruling team will lose power in next election due to Corona virus pandemic.

While the deadly corona virus was happy to see hostility and fight between Sophia and Nagendra and was thinking that now his task to wipe out whole colony has become much easier.

Soon deadly corona start infecting more and more people and engulf entire colony. He neither left Sophia’s friends nor Nagendra’s friends.

Now another task has been added in Sophia and Nagendra’s daily routine. The task of going to funeral of their friends and loved ones.

After losing their companions one by one, Nagendra and Sophia once felt that they need to forget their enmity and unitedly fought against Corona to save their colony but in the evening when they both watch M TV and H TV than their hatred and anger towards each other again resurfaced.

M TV and H TV were no less deadly than Corona. Because of them, Nagendra’s team stops purchasing vegetables from Sophia’s vegetable vendor friend’s shop and Sophia’s team stop following Social distancing rule to fail Nagendra’s ruling team in fight against corona.

Now during the day, Sophia and Nagendra went to their friend’s funeral and in evening abuse each other on social media sites and watch their favourite TV channels.

And then today has come. Today they both were returning from crematorium after their last friend’s funeral.

Now there was no one left in colony except Sophia, Nagendra and CORONA!

When Sophia reached intersection of the colony from the crematorium, she saw Nagendra is coming from opposite side of road.

Today after seeing each other there was no anger, hatred and poison in their eyes for each other.

There was a strange emptiness in their eyes today, the emptiness of losing everything.

Sophia kept staring at Nagendra for a while then suddenly tears start flowing from her eyes.

Nagendra who always shows himself as a strong and muscular person, also could not control himself today and start crying.

And suddenly Power supply has back in colony and TV of Grocery shop was turned on. Yes, same grocery shop where Sophia and Nagendra watched TV in their childhood.

and sound coming from the TV started echoing in their ears. Sound of that golden song of Budhu-Box Doordarshan.

“मिले सुर मेरा तुम्हारा तो सुर बने हमारा,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,मिले सुर मेरा तुम्हारा तो सुर बने हमारा“

Now Nagendra and Sophia started crying more loudly!

More from Bindushar Singh

By Akash Singh tomar

By Nishant Tanwar

By supplement solutions